⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you meam Moneybox. Ive moved 7 times in since 1980 and inherited stuff from my parents and Aunties Uncles and friends not to mention my Wife's collections. If I had to move again some other bugger is doing it fot me !!
Anyway great to have you back and I hope yor eifes is better.

Nice finds Pat, you have to be keen to get out in that heat. I have been in Maryborough for over a week and haven't seen another detectorist out there, or a speck of gold.

Good to see someone is willing to brave the heat. Im hopping to see you all for a day in Maryborough next weekend if I can get our guest keen to give it a go.

Magilla said:
Nice finds Pat, you have to be keen to get out in that heat. I have been in Maryborough for over a week and haven't seen another detectorist out there, or a speck of gold.
Hell, I didn't know You were here. Ya shoulda PM'ed me. Message me tomorrow morning.

Hi folks,

Went for a swing in the local area today and found a patch. I'm going to be rich soon. :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

1551611124_20190303_190105-600x800.jpg

Anyone would think that I was using Carol's SDC instead of the 7000. Have to go back to this spot to get the rest. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

You've definitely found the pay streak Pat, even if it's an unconventional streak but it's gold all the same, good on you and well done, get it while it's there :goldnugget:

Hi all, just currently traveling around the goldfields of Australia started up in the Georgetown area Qld and spent 6 weeks on western creek station where I picked up some small leaf gold 1.2g and 0.7gm and a 0.7g nugget this was a great exercise in breaking in the 4500 and learning the ropes. The help received from my fellow prospectors was endless and incredibly helpful, best part of this journey is the new friends you make. This forum has so much knowledge and pointers on so many subjects its staggering but I am taking advantage of this and thank all who have contributed. So my adventure took me to the goldfields of NSW and so much to see and seek, more new people met and places recommended to go for which I am extra greatful, because on my supposedly last day in NSW I got lucky. I had sussed out a area the day before not easy to get to and a fair hike in and do I go up or down the creek, i went up. its January and bloody hot and 45 mins later I scored a nice little 3g i was stoked to say the least so now I have my biggest nugget yet. Now I am running the DD 11in minelab coil and for the first time have iron reject on bit of trash around so on my next signal I get a nice sound so start digging and due to the amount of rain the hole was full of water and getting deeper, signal getting stronger i am about 2 feet down and swing the wand again and get a blanking sound i nearly walk away but I am pretty stubborn and I thought gone this far keep going see what it is, I am on my hands and knees scooping out this hole and finally the signal has gone and i look across to pile of rocks and sitting on top is this nugget which ended weighing 3.49oz, great way to have a heart attack just a bit of dancing going on now, after a fair while i get back into detecting and 6ft away up a bank i find a 1.7oz nugget, today was my day and a week later down the creek I picked up a 12g piece. Now this is why we do this trek miles, sweat buckets and all the while enjoying the best countryside, and as i read on this forum enjoy what you do and the rewards will come. Sorry about the long post but I had to share, oh and the area is Nth of Goulburn and sth of Bathurst cheers Andy
1551688041_20190211_174355-1020x1813.jpg

Latest posts