⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete, I saw a picture of a similar one from Ballarat, 1897. Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
That's the closest I can come. Sorry.

BigWave

When I first looked at the medallion I thought it looked older than 1980

Quite a lot of gilt still on it

Very neat find .

1517726018_imag0098_1.jpg

1517726046_imag0100_1.jpg

Bigwave and I had a PERFECT day out in Moliagul.
I FINALLY saw the Welcome Stranger Monument after living in the area for over 2 years. We got to do some swinging and fed some March Flies to the ants.
Oh...I got a one gram dirty nuggy too.

Pat and I had a big/tough hill climb up a ridge-line off Mt Moliagul. Jeep was sliding and bottoming out. Pat put his coil down and found that within 5 mins I reckon - his face was beaming.
After that we just found junk. Plenty of old diggings, but none new. Very exciting but no gold for me today.

BigWave said:
Pat and I had a big/tough hill climb up a ridge-line off Mt Moliagul. Jeep was sliding and bottoming out. Pat put his coil down and found that within 5 mins I reckon - his face was beaming.
After that we just found junk. Plenty of old diggings, but none new. Very exciting but no gold for me today.

That mount moliagul lookout track should be signed 4x4 only.

took my wagon up there,was glad to get back down.

After seeing you guys cleaning up down south, it started me thinking. The shakes soon started followed by uncontrollable sweating. Only one thing for it - go out for a swing to keep the disease under control. Happy to come back with a nice little nug. Im having a lot of fun playing with the SDC. Its been tops for getting into the tight corners that the bigger coils struggle with.
1517821580_05741127-d42d-460b-bcc4-818b5a60843a.jpg
1517821597_fda0b9c9-f67b-4b3b-b2b6-b7e527d219ca.jpg

Cheers for now

Les

Latest posts