⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After almost two months of nothing I got this in an area i think people have been avoiding because of the amount of rubbish.
IMG_20170517_174359_1920x1080_zpszyhalcu4.jpg

Maxwell4 Fortunately you didn't get bitten!
Hopefully more luck for you next time in the spa town.
I'm going for a swing tomorrow and Friday let's see if can find something...
Cheers
Paul

Teemore said:
Not as noteworthy as some very recent finds but gold nonetheless ..... 4 SDC bits from Talbot region.
Cheers Tomhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1375/1495096438_img_0686.jpg

Every find is worthy Teemore, well done :Y:

I agree that every find is worthy and the little ones can be difficult.
A visit to Mystery Reef on 3rd May netted two specimens which I carefully crushed and managed to keep them whole. Left 0.109g and right 0.095g.
1495114582_2nd_may_0.103_0.095.jpg

On 17th May I went back to Mystery Reef and had my best day ever finding six small specimens. Crushing this time wasn't as successful but produced these 12 little bits for a total of 0.69g. plus some finer gold as well.
1495114817_6_specimens_0.69g.jpg

The full stories can be found in the detector/minelab/eureka gold section of the forum.

Cheers Bob.

Went for a swing yesterday and wanted to go today but it's raining :N:
So here is my finds from yesterday :
1495151302_img_2669.jpg

I found a small patch between a sluiced gully and a surfaced area on a small hill.
Some old detector hole tells me someone else worked this spot and I'll not put those finds on the 10 years experience I absolutely don't have with detector but definitely on the performance of the gpz..

Nice looking pieces there Bob .... love them when they're nice and prickly like that.
Also a very good haul there Paul, well done, doesn't matter what unit you're using you still have to know roughly where to look and walk over them
Cheers T.