⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig'n-it said:
Great finds guys. Agree that it's good to see the gold finds coming thru thick and fast. Gives me hope I may break my dry spell soon. Thanks to everyone for posting. That speci is a beauty Bushpig. Let us know what you find when you give it a tap with a hammer.
I'm sure you'll break that dry spell soon, just keep at it and have confidence . Sometimes the mind games that detecting plays on you are hard to work through but keeping a mindset of a find is just around the corner is the best way to get through it,and it will happen without a doubt .

1485554121_img_0251.jpg

First colour for the new year sorry folks don't think there's much left out there after this haul...

After spending a pleasant couple of days with Dam It and Dig'n-it with a flyby visit from patrick1 I managed to get this little haul together.

We missed you BigWave - Next time we will catch you.

I am impressed with this little nuggy with gold on both sides of it, not sure whether to smash it apart, acid bath it or just leave it as is. It weighs in at 1.8gms.

The other nice size one there came in at .84 - not quite in the 1 gram club yet..depending on what the one full of quartz comes in at.

Two pics, the larger three I have flipped over in the second pic...all pulled with the SDC2300

1485598198_fullsizerender_2.jpg

1485598199_fullsizerender_3.jpg

Tough call, personally i would stick it in alibrite just enough to bring the gold up gold and whites white !! Then re assess from there

Were it larger, and you wanted to keep it, id say leave as is, or at most as Lord said. Future sale, you can let the buyer decide.

If your finding gold for $$ then smash it and take the gold.

Don't know if your just a year or two in, or longer (going off site member info.), but i tend to be sentimental about very few pieces these days.

Nice to keep the 'milestone' bits (1st, biggest, looks etc...), beyond that, unless you have a specific buyer in mind, most gold buyers won't pay for the rock...and occasionally, drop the price if encrusted with ore.

Question is...what is the end-game for your gold...keepsakes?..or profits?

Within the answer you will find your course of action... ;)

Gypsy

GypsyGoldAu said:
Question is...what is the end-game for your gold...keepsakes?..or profits?

Within the answer you will find your course of action... ;)

Gypsy

Good answer - for now, keepsakes, so off to get some Allbrite from Bunnings tomorrow - that will help clean up the other ones too I am assuming.

Yes it will clean the others as well. Beware of, and read the Instructions for, Alibrite as it is strong, and you face health hazards (sure, it's basic chemical caution, but some have never used them till this hobby).

I wouldn't leave the specie in as long as the others though, as it may fall apart and you 'may' end up with many smaller bits.

Food for thought.

Gypsy

Lord...would like to see a pic of that specie turned 90* to six o'clock (clockwise) if possible. :8

Why?...well in the post 2 Hr wash pic, the exposed end facing the camera has some really nice fine (almost swirl engraved looking) detail and i'd like to see how different it is now it's clean.

Cheers :cool:
Gypsy

Arrived at the camp site Fri night and after a quick g'day with Jwal, Damit & Patrick1 it was quickly decided we had time for a quick swing before dark. Unfortunately Patrick1 had to head home.
Within 15 mins and about 20m from
1485605920_img_5771.jpg
the car I broke the drought with plucking a 0.15g little nug from the earth. Pretty amazing with a 15" spoked NF Evo and 4500. This was my first find since 26th Nov.
A few drinks under the stars last night was sooo relaxing.
This morning, before it got too hot, I cracked another small one at 0.5g.
Back home tonight, so a flying trip, but great fun with a great group of guys.
Big thanks to Damit for trusting me with a swing of his GPZ, and for showing us his dry blower sluice in operation. Never seen one before.
So glad to break the drought and to be on the board for 2017. :)

Well done dig' n it. Sounds like you had a great time and i bet you were happy to end the drought.

Latest posts