⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tryhard1968 said:
Well done Scrounger and Damn'it glad to see you are still bringing home the bacon. I haven't been in the GT for over a month as I have been in WA detecting, after my first time here I don't think I want to detect in the GT anymore ;) more on that later.
Wow! That"s a BIG statement coming from you. :eek: (Knowing how well you can ping them in the GT)

tryhard1968 said:
Well done Scrounger and Damn'it glad to see you are still bringing home the bacon. I haven't been in the GT for over a month as I have been in WA detecting, after my first time here I don't think I want to detect in the GT anymore ;) more on that later.
Did some one say Bacon I F*#^@! Love that chite :lol: :lol:
Thanks Old Mate ;) sounds like you are havin blast in WA .
What about a pic or 2 :D

Hi fellow prospectors

I have finally made it to WA after months of planning and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!. I have now been prospecting for 8 days solid, and what a blast of a time the trip has so far been, more then I had hoped and I am so full of life/bubbling like a 10 year old, can't wait for daylight to break and start detecting in the bush. I have so far found just under 3 ounces [Thanks BRITEX for the Gold price hike] and it has been a real eye opener compared to finding Gold in Victoria, so much easier when I compare the number of hours I put in in Vic compared to WA for the gold finds. The picture contains 44 grams of nuggets [middle section] and is surrounded by approximately 40 grams of gold in ironstone.

1468133186_marks_happy_gpz.jpg

1468133354_marks_pot_o_gold_weigh_in.jpg

The Z is killing it and I have found some nice speckies at over 400mm deep so very happy and nuggets right down to .03g. I have settled on HY/Diff and a Sen of 13 and Smoothing Off and the machine has been running sweet, EMI is basically non existent however the Mineralisation has been really bad. I am now glad that I upgraded to the Z before going to the West and so far it has paid off. At the moment I am rained in at Sandstone with all dirt roads closed so have decided to take some R&R and wait for the roads to dry. I keep my fingers crossed that the rest of the trip is as rewarding and cant wait to get back out in the bush I love so much.

All the Best

Tryhard

Nice work Tryhard, I like the look of the ironstone specimens! bloody hell, now I want an ironstone specimen like those!!!

Nice work stru. I recently found a sixpence too. (It's further up this thread). That's cool and a nice little chunk of gold too!