⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up near Port Macquarie, have always had a healthy interest in history, but don, t know much about the NSW gold fields. Been researching the NT rush, but its so hard finding info about it.
Can you recomend any good historic gold rush internet reading?
cheers dave.

RM Outback said:
Nice going that lot SC75 thanks for posting, envious. I hope the lads give you a crack at that spot, the least they could do after sending you teaser pic's.
I get those teaser pic's quite often from the boys. I can stay in Maytown anytime, it's just trying to find the spair time to travel up there. :mad: I'm hoping I can get up there by the end of the year.

SinHof said:
Good Evening Wally69,
Mate, I will need a couple more Glenfiddichs to be able to see the serpent with its mouth full, not to worry though; yes had a good trip but I think the patch has given its all, will have to find another. Just as an aside the two species came from below the heaps you and Retirement Stone were working at HE.
Look forward to running into you around the gold fields some time.
Cheers, SinHof.

:lol: :D :lol: Jack Daniels is know to draw out my creative streak. Although it does look a bit like a Celtic serpent from a snake belt buckle now you mention the Glenfiddich.

I do agree, that hill has given up most of its treasure but the upside for you lucky 7000 swingers is the SDC guys have mopped up most of the birdshot. To be honest, I am always keen to get back up there for another social night detect, there has to be at least one more.

Once you get that 3030 humming we will need to catch up at Rathmines and you can see if there are any surprises hidden under my copper nail patch.

Hi Davent,
Trove digitised newspapers is a good place to start, there is a link to it on the post here regarding changes the Fed Gov are planing to implement. Various State Gov departments have data bases that are worth chasing up with regard to historic gold mining sites etc.
Cheers, SinHof.

hey guys im new to the detecting scene, ive purchased a ML sd2100v2 and am looking for some good places to go and have a swing and was hoping that someone could give me a few hints on some good places to look i live about 80ks from gympie but figure that gympie has been flogged hope to find a nice area that isnt as well known and help would be appreciated
thxs

Hi Wally69,
Night detecting adds another interesting facet to detecting and can be very rewarding; Wednesday, Thursday nights last week with the rising moon and no wind,pure magic,can't get enough of it. Machines generally run very quiet and there are few distractions; having said that though I had two foxes following me around a patch a trip or two back, very interesting just how close one of them came.
Cheers, SinHof.

Like to do a bit at night here to, but.....I rarley , if ever see a snake during the day, only their skins.....

Sweet as SinHof! Love the straightie! Only ever found one like that about 20 yrs ago, 7 g it was and still gt it, well done mate.

SC75 said:
I haven't seen a straight peace of gold like that before. Good find SinHof :D
Then you still haven't seen any like my 1/4 Oz piece very similar without the bulge and on one end looks like a flattened head of a snake......

Good finds SinHof....i gotta get mobile again so i can get out and find me some...

Gypsy

Jon said:
Sweet as SinHof! Love the straightie! Only ever found one like that about 20 yrs ago, 7 g it was and still gt it, well done mate.

Right then....i propose we kick off 'The Golden Nail' club.....

Any other prospects?...

GGA

Broke a personal record with the fastest ever gold find, got the bigger bit in literally 30 secs of turning the machine on!

1463891706_20160520_190544-1.jpg

Full story in the Nokta/Makro sub forum.

Jon Wrote;Sweet as SinHof! Love the straightie! Only ever found one like that about 20 yrs ago, 7 g it was and still gt it, well done mate.

Yes mate it's a nice looking nug, it weighed, clean 11.7 grams and I think it was pretty close to the max depth of the 7000 coil given its shape and mass, about 600mm give or take a bit and the target sound was verrrrrrrrry faint;it was a bloody big hole.
Thanks for the comments, SinHof.

Latest posts