⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
husky said:
Snagged these pieces over easter just gone, the bigger 'map of tassie' piece in centre came to 3.69g and all up total of 5.34g with the smaller bits. Sorry bout the oversize pic, still tryin to work out the resizing thingo :/
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5046/1460626726_rsz_1rsz_120160402_204525.jpg

Cheers :D
Good going husky :D and I'm in the same boat when it comes to oversized pictures 8) I'm computer illiterate. I might take a computer course on how to put up a normal size photo on PA :8

Cheers everyone :) That pic resizing thing gets me everytime.. might try a different program next time i think :/
Definitely one of my best efforts swingin for colour so far :) but luck had a lot to do with it too :p set up camp with my mate neogeo and his two boys and met up with chucky boy who camped with us for a few nights too (top bloke, was a pleasure to meet you mate)
After checking a bunch of places in the area for bugger all results we headed back to camp where i was able to ping the 'map of tassie ' right next to camp on top of a flogged out mullock heap :eek: who'd have thunk it :rolleyes:
Also goes to show that we should double check our holes after we find our targets.. i had a faint signal at the bottom of this dirt pile and dismissed it, moved to the top and found my 'map of tassie' at 6" and filled in my hole. Chucky boy comes over and checks my first signal i dismissed at the bottom and pulls out a nice little piece :D
Then the next evening neo goes for a night detect and pulled another half odd gram piece from the same hole my map of tassie came out of :8 LoL Doh! We live and learn :D Had a great time out in the GT again tho with great company, which in itself is gold :)

Husky

I generally hate mullock heaps as I feel that they have been done over hundreds of times, but I have to admit that my biggest (8.4g) came from very near the surface of one. It was a screamer around 10cm down. I guess that mullock heap was far enough removed from the main centre of action that it had been overlooked since even the simplest detectors were available. Gold's gold, but it didn't feel like a true find to me.

BigWave said:
I generally hate mullock heaps as I feel that they have been done over hundreds of times, but I have to admit that my biggest (8.4g) came from very near the surface of one. It was a screamer around 10cm down. I guess that mullock heap was far enough removed from the main centre of action that it had been overlooked since even the simplest detectors were available. Gold's gold, but it didn't feel like a true find to me
Agree'd BW generally we look for and work new & untouched ground, this was just a little convenient fun with a beer in hand after a slow day. All our other small pieces were hard work and well earned but gold is gold at the end of the day :)

Well got up at 2:30 this morning and did the 2 1/2 drive as had to be home by 3pm so had about 5 hours as I just wanted to swing the Z some more and was killing me looking at it just sitting there at home, got 6 nuggies around the gram mark for nearly 10 grams but one nice chunk 4.7 grams at about 18 inches, my god this thing is good Running General, difficult, audio smoothing off and sensitivity 15. Now this was right where I had racked and gridded it and I know I went over it with the 5000.
1460786062_20160416_154026.jpg

Bring on the 19 inch coil.

1460798378_14605114319382.jpg

First 2 x little speccis with the GPZ. Probably only done about 30 hours so far with it but the more I use it the more impressive I'm finding it. Both were about 6" deep & the smallest one was also under some heavy leaf litter too. I must've dug a couple of hundred junk targets to get em though - anything from tiny wire & bird shot through to larger iron junk at depths of up to a couple of foot. Recently purchased pinpointer has come in handy - thanks Clegy :D
Mostly running in HY/Difficult; Sensitivity from 14 to 16; Smoothing - off & switching to General occasionally. Find it runs really good locally around these settings at the moment - so well that my last couple of outings I've just stuck mostly to these & not spent too much time mucking around like I was early on. In fact early on I wasn't too impressed & actually thought about trading it for a GPX4500/SDC2300 bundle but knew that I'd probably just get back into the "easy rattle in the jar" rut with the SDC :lol:
Looking forward to getting out & putting some more hours in + hopefully some more rattles in the jar (or thuds in the tin :p )

Latest posts