⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new GPX 4500's first nugget. Haven't cleaned it yet. Avoca, GT gold. Found with the 15x12 mono at 1.5" down, it's a big coil but appears to be quite sensitive. Very pleased!

1441275795_4500.33.jpg

Nice finds fellas. I did see the the 15x12 in action one day and was impressed with its sensitivity as well.

Nice bit of colour their mate, well done. I'm itchin to get out for a swing.
How much do ya reckon is in the Ironstone?

Cheers mate, I'm not sure, but I think I'll dissolve it and see how much gold I have left, and I'll be sure to post a pic.

Cheers, paul.

The flat piece was down around 6-7 inches 8) and the bottom piece came from a cleared/raked area. Hard up against a tree 2" down. They missed that one and was found heading back to the car on the last day. Took 10 minutes to find it, but I had to leave the spot and head home :( But I will be back :) Both bits went .24 each
1441539139_optimized-img_3688.jpg

Good effort I thought, deep enough. I thought I was onto a winner :/
1441539245_optimized-img_3684.jpg

Still. It was good to out in the bush :)

1441596564_optimized-img_20150905_151743.jpg
Went swinging the 4500 on fathers day with my son priceless times, half way through the afternoon detected a subtle low high signal working the edge of a gully, did the old 90 turn and still could hear the signal. Proceeded to scrape back the top inch of soil and the signal got louder, first thought it was trash as had already dug a number of
rusty iron pieces 4-6 inches down ;( Dug down to 6 inches the signal started to scream excitement and adrenalin was starting to kick in [come on no trash please]. I then kept digging hit 12 inches and I hit a tree root [damn], proceeded to make the hole bigger to work around it [sweat starting to appear on the forehead]. Kept digging hit Around 16 inches and another tree root [come on are you serious], proceed to do the plastic scoop scraping jig as couldn't get the pick in. I then hit was seemed like compacted river gravels my heart started pounding you f%$#%$%$# beauty [surely cant be trash]. Scratched the gravels with my scoop and what appeared to be a familiar gold speck :):):):):):):) . Ran and grabbed my bottle of water and proceeded to splash and rub [the Gold that is] and yes the there appeared a nugget sitting vertical in the gravel. I scraped with my pocket knife ever so gently and managed to gently pry the nugget loose. Wowwwwwwwwww in my hand was a little beauty my first major find with the 4500 after having it for 2 weeks. I thought paid for the detector yipeeeeeeee. After giving the nugget a quick clean and weighing it the little monster weighs in @ 36grams, I thought I have cracked the ounce fantastic. Below is the shot of the nugget in its natural state, I will later post a photo once it has completed its bath. Cant wait to get back and pound the area more as he must have friends at least I can hope that he does.

Go PA'ers

That's a beauty. Makes me think to carry blood pressure pills when detecting. My heart would have been racing. :)

Nice one! Is this another guess the weight/size game Wal? :lol:
Ya's took off early the other morning - sorry I didn't catch ya's but had to go back to town for Dad's Day dinner. Forgot about it being Father's Day when I made original plans :8

pprogers said:
Brilliant Wally!!

As you haven't given a weight or put a reference in the pic, can we assume that it's the actual size... :) :) :)

He wishes :lol: :lol: :lol: That would definitely take out the sdc find of the year i reckon :)

Latest posts