⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The "The Guilty Nugget" recovered in the GT today.

NeoGeo said:
That's a nice chunk in the first pic and did you actually detect the SPECK next to it? That's crazy if you did, well done. Nice collection forming as well. :D
Yeah it was detected, 0.04g :|

Man those 2300 are next level sensitive.
Nice going spikegold, clearly nothing will escape you or your machine 8)

Hooray, went out to Talbot on the weekend and finally christened my new 4500 with its first piece of yellow :D , found 8-10inches in compacted clay the piece at the top. I was wrapped as it was the first time I had a low high signal so I knew it was deeper and bigger. Once recovered I went over the area with me 2300 and managed to recover 8 pieces of lead shot, which made me start to think, had someone previously been here and dug a few targets lead shot [as a number of small diggings were present] and gave up assuming the rest of the signals were also lead shot? I strongly believe in dig all targets and this proved true once again. I then proceeded to a small surfaced area and managed to find another 6 little pieces once again proving the power of the 2300. As an experiment I tested the 4500 on every target and I could not locate so I still believe that both detectors make an awesome team which I always work with as a pair. Who say's that all surfaced areas have been thrashed low and slow will normally be rewarding and the size is not important [so they say ;)] but the thrill of the chase is what I strive for.
1440974200_optimized-img_20150830_172637.jpg

Rgds

Mark

great find Mark thats awesome

when you say you could not locate the signal on the 4500 do you mean you got no response from those small pieces?

If so id be spending some time dialing in the 4500 to hear small targets as well as the big, although the sdc does fold up doesn't it :) suppose you walk around like a ninja with it on tied to your back....

Hi G0lddigg@, thanks for the comments, have you seen me lurking in the bush jumping from tree to tree, yes indeed the SDC folds up nicely on the back and is used as a mop after the SDC ;)

Nice finds fellas. Some good looking gold! Hoping i can get out this weekend after spending the last week moving house. Hopefully the weather and gold works in my favour.
If we both manage to get out Keano, last person to find a bit of yellow shouts coffees on the way home haha.

Latest posts