⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work best on the red clay in my opinion, they just ping the gold super clear. They (I) have trouble at times on mullock heaps with super fine quartz for some reason. i often get lots of indistinct signals rather than a clear signal in the clay. If the grounds moist they sing.

And there you go again Scrounger, just when I think I'm beginning to catch you,you go and blow me out of the water... :D well done mate another good couple of outings for you. How much does it go in total?

Thanks mate. Sorry about that, just trying to keep my nose in front :lol: :lol: Just over 3 grams total.

Wish I was out finding some of this stuff today instead of moving house.
All found with the 4500.
To anyone that managed to get out this weekend, hope you all cleaned up!
1440294714_p_20150823_114828.jpg

The 8" commander predominantly. Found the flat water worn piece with a 14" nfa. And found the piece directly to the right of the flat piece with the mono elite.

I haven't used the 12x7 personally, maybe someone else can chime in. The benefit to the 12x7 would be ground coverage obviously.
I think they would both be awesome coils for the collection.
I can say that the 8" commander turns the gpx into an sdc haha

Where's Batman Walshie? oh there he is, he should be sitting fare bang right in the middle..lol

Its fare to say the trip up to the 4x4 & Outdoor expo was a bust mate. Minersden had bugger all. All they had was detectors! And there was only one little stand selling handheld GPS's!!! Couldn't believe it. Oh well. Hope the move is going well.

Haha the batman Nug!
Thats a shame mate, when I was looking at gps's the only joint that had handheld units in Geelong was rays outdoors. I always planned to buy one online but I wanted to see them to get an idea of size etc.
We're getting there mate, all the hard stuff is done thankfully.

There are some good prices on the net for the Garmin Oregon 600 but as you say, its nice to get your hands on one for a play before buying..At least I got to have a look at the new Ranger, time to put my order in for one at work..

Its must be break time given your on here! :D

Yeah its hard to beat the prices online. The local shops won't look after you, that's for sure.
Ohh nice, yeah a new one would be nice!
Yeah I'm on smoko mate haha

Latest posts