⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1440111438_nugget.jpg
brought my first nugget from local cash converters for $50 so i can test my gmt out as ive used it twice and still dont know what im listening to as it makes noise every sweep.
hopefully i will get onto my own soon ,llove the pics of your finds everyone

Cheers everyone, it's a huge relief! My last machine was x-terrible 705, and I found the gold in Eaglehawk, basically on the edge of the whipstick.

Cheers, Paul.

GoldStreak said:
My last machine was x-terrible 705

Nice that you got your first piece the next ones will be easier....... I also started with the 705 but knew its limitations from the start, still have it, a great unit for the parks and beaches. A good tradie never blames his tools.
Cheers T.

Went to a new place today, looked good geologically speaking and the old timers spent a bit of time there. Unfortunately I only got a little over an hours worth of detecting in and there was pick holes and scrapings everywhere along with raked areas. There was even mullock heaps that had been torn down for prossesing I presume. They didn't get every last bit though.
1440141454_p_20150821_141121.jpg

Good point Teemore, I shouldn't blame the machine, and I'm first to admit it was good in parks and on beaches, just frustrating that it was the gold pack, that didn't detect gold..

Cheers nucopia, let's home it's (a lot) more nuggets and not cancer of the rectum!! ;-)

Cheers, Paul.

GoldStreak said:
Good point Teemore, I shouldn't blame the machine, and I'm first to admit it was good in parks and on beaches, just frustrating that it was the gold pack, that didn't detect gold..

Cheers nucopia, let's home it's (a lot) more nuggets and not cancer of the rectum!! ;-)

Cheers, Paul.
gday Paul
She could not take her eye's of the nugget for a while 8)
but said she likes that you have a pyramid consisting of three triangles, under the middle finger.
She said you are good at getting money but also good at spending it . She said your a givable big hearted person with your loved ones.
When I asked about finding more gold, she said you can find more because you are lucky person if you follow your gut instinct.

Wow that's awesome!! Thank you both very much for that, quite accurate too! I've got a few places in mind, I'll keep you all posted on the results!

Cheers, Paul.

1440229465_img_3332.jpg

Just got home from a detecting session up at Talbot with the 2300. Got the ones on the left today and the ones on the right yesterday arvo. I thought the biggest one might have gone a gram but only went 3/4g. Still very happy with the tally and it was a beautiful sunny day out there :p

I got really excited that you had broken the gram barrier there Scrounger, then I read your text. 8.(

It is great ground you guys have to play with, lots of small nuggets to keep you busy :cool:

yes Wally, i was doing a bit of a jig when i dug it, i would have sworn it would tip the gram. Bugga!!! :lol:

Good work mate. I'm considering adding an SDC to the collection and for business purposes. When the grounds noisy like it was a few weeks back the 8" on the gpx carry's on a bit. I love how well they cope with hot ground.

funny you say that walshie, the 2300 was playing up a bit when we had those storms up here a month or so ago. In the end i gave up for the day, i was just getting false signals or having huge trouble getting the 2300 buzzing normally. i was pinging gold? targets but had to walk away from about three or four because i simply couldn't locate them into the scoop it was that noisy.

Must have been bad if the SDC was playing up mate. I spoke there's only so much any detector can handle. Myself and Keano (aka nugget) went out a few weeks back and our gpxs weren't very happy on the red shiny clay (false signals) and his SDC ran like a champ. They seem great when the ground is quite wet and the gpxs struggle a bit.
Well done again mate

Latest posts