⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most times Teemore. But the amount of leadshot is annoying.
Then again, I don't bother digging overly loud signals.
Probably left a biggie behind somewhere :D
Dig em, the one pictured today screamed like a horse shoe and was what i was expecting 😉 Chuck a decent size hunk of gold under your coil and you will quickly change your mind about digging loud signals 👍 BUT your probably better leaving them 😉😉😉🤗

Hi all
Just got back from Tibooburra with 9.5 grams of tiddlers, 160 pieces in total with the SDC.
Harder to find gold on the common these days and even MT Stuart the gold seems to be in isolated patches.
Spent a week at Gumvale for 1.8 grams, again was told the gold is isolated in small patches.
Only saw two people in that week, nice and quiet.
The regulars reckon the GPX 6000 is cleaning up the gold and the amount people chasing it has increased.
Great trip and met alot of fantastic people.

Regards Anthony

IMG_2426-min-min.JPG

Dig em, the one pictured today screamed like a horse shoe and was what i was expecting 😉 Chuck a decent size hunk of gold under your coil and you will quickly change your mind about digging loud signals 👍 BUT your probably better leaving them 😉😉😉🤗
@Bogger I've dug quite a few screamers and they are always junk. This one yesterday in white clay.
I prefer to start with a low signal that gets higher as you get deeper.

Attachments

• 20220629_165620.jpg
    20220629_165620.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Tibooburra is an “awful” place to visit. Here is a pic of sunset a few days ago from camp on Mt Stuart.
2711E327-589B-4B75-B46D-85DA6B05A48D.jpeg
Picked up a nice signal on the last day of the trip in a water worn, smooth and rounded pebble. As you do, it was placed into the only moisture holding vessel on the body and sucked like a lozenger until clean. No sign of gold at all so the pick was put to good use. This little spot revealed itself.
99B63A17-1904-46B7-92CD-40D9D4C1ECCF.jpeg
On our way home now to some cool, damp conditions.

Cheers

Les

Not much to report from three days in the Inglewood area. Trying out a 15" on the 5000. A lot of walking but eventually a faintish but definite target on a heap.
0.4 gr of nice gold about 7" down. Pretty happy with that for the 15.

Attachments

• 0.4g  010722.jpg
    0.4g 010722.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4207.JPG
    IMG_4207.JPG
    990.8 KB · Views: 0
Out about Talbot today.
That large piece, I nearly walked away from it cause it was so loud. Scraped the topsoil off and hit clay and it was screaming more.
I was thinking junk for sure but decided to dig it out.
Got down to about 6-8 inches and it was finally out.
I was running the 8k motherboard at the lowest setting cause it would not get quiet.
Lucky it wasn't a big nuggie cause I probably would have left it.
Just shows how sensitive this machine is.
Wonder how many I have left behind :rolleyes:😆.
All the best!!

Attachments

• 20220703_114718.jpg
    20220703_114718.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220703_170625.jpg
    20220703_170625.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Out about Talbot today.
That large piece, I nearly walked away from it cause it was so loud. Scraped the topsoil off and hit clay and it was screaming more.
I was thinking junk for sure but decided to dig it out.
Got down to about 6-8 inches and it was finally out.
I was running the 8k motherboard at the lowest setting cause it would not get quiet.
Lucky it wasn't a big nuggie cause I probably would have left it.
Just shows how sensitive this machine is.
Wonder how many I have left behind :rolleyes:😆.
All the best!!
Awesome work mate 😎

Latest posts