⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st outing for 2021 , 6 hours afternoon and night zero , went panning for morning 20 specs and spots ,almost went home then stubbornly went detecting for 2 hours and got 4 tiddlers but they brought joy like they were marble sized. So I'm on the board this year , only done 3 trips last year and the last 2 were unsuccessful. Unfortunately my usual spots are flogged to death mostly by me...
1612688831_20210207_200631.jpg

aussiefarmer said:
So I'm on the board this year , only done 3 trips last year and the last 2 were unsuccessful. Unfortunately my usual spots are flogged to death mostly by me...

Woopee, a gold find post.
Well done aussiefarmer, yes last year was a big bust let's hope 2021 gets us all back on track.
Totally agree, bit of a pain when those old go to spots stop giving, I know they say you never get it all, and that may be true, but you seem to only half heartedly attack those old spots when they dry up for you, that's how it is with me anyway.
Good luck in 2021.

The wife and I got out to one of our favorite places.....and the morning, shot gun pellet, shot gun pellet, then....sounded like another shot gun pellet....

1612866918_g-1.jpg

...this little beauty found with GPZ 7000 among someone else's dig holes. In fact, there was a circle of about 1 meter diameter that had 5 dig holes. I thought, I'll try right in the middle :) They'd obviously left one especially for me :lol:

The afternoon went like this,

1612867197_g-2.jpg

1612867211_g-3.jpg

....about half a meter from someone else's scrape in a well visited area. Sounded a bit like small surface trash at the start - then 12 inches down and I really thought I'd got yet another nice piece of iron to add to my junk pile. The zed was screaming...... I frantically called the wife over and was shaking just a little.

We also dug about 100 pellets, half a dozen bullets and other assorted trash through-out the day.

Going sub-gram to over 20, we were pretty happy.

Thanks Teemore for getting back
I will try and post a pick in a couple of days of the coin and gold found at our clubbie at Warburtons Bridge outing
One 1852 Victoria penny and 6 nugglets for 2.26 grams. As the penny needs a clean

Cheers Rob .n.

A-team said:
The wife and I got out to one of our favorite places.....and the morning, shot gun pellet, shot gun pellet, then....sounded like another shot gun pellet....

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612866918_g-1.jpg

...this little beauty found with GPZ 7000 among someone else's dig holes. In fact, there was a circle of about 1 meter diameter that had 5 dig holes. I thought, I'll try right in the middle :) They'd obviously left one especially for me :lol:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612867197_g-2.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612867211_g-3.jpg

....about half a meter from someone else's scrape in a well visited area. Sounded a bit like small surface trash at the start - then 12 inches down and I really thought I'd got yet another nice piece of iron to add to my junk pile. The zed was screaming...... I frantically called the wife over and was shaking just a little.

We also dug about 100 pellets, half a dozen bullets and other assorted trash through-out the day.

Very nice A-team. Those 20g bits don't turn up very often these days.

Perfect Anytime, Anywhere :)

A-team said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612866918_g-1.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612867197_g-2.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612867211_g-3.jpg

This is why when I hit areas and a lot of junk comes up I keep going till it's all cleared. I've even gone back a few times to certain spots. It's amazing what frustrated diggers leave behind after digging out 2-3 pieces of junk. :Y: :heart:

I'm thinking this will be that once-in-a-lifetime size nugget for us, but hoping its the start of something bigger? Haven't finished the area but nothing else has turned up as yet.

We had found some VERY small stuff not to far away from this spot, .18 about 8+ months ago, then .26 about a month ago. Each time were single finds even though we spent days going over the same area. Have seen many others visit this area...no hints as to where, just a little inspiration.

A-team said:
I'm thinking this will be that once-in-a-lifetime size nugget for us, but hoping its the start of something bigger?

Only managed 1 nugget at 21.6 gms, G0lddigg@ mentioned at the time that (in Vic) that size is, like you say, probably a once in a lifetime find these days ....... but we live in hope and keep searching.

Couldn't help myself .... everywhere you look there are faces staring at you ....
1612946826_34be6d64-a1a5-4256-8766-a6a63890ad71_1_201_a.jpg

Latest posts