⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aussie Farmer, i guess people like Jgold, MinelabGold, SC75, have been hitting untouched diggings, that would explain all the lumps their found, when everyone else is finding flysh*t nuggets. My question is, those area`s have been just about all found, and all the easy gold also from these patches, so what do we do next if we want to continue in this hobby, i think the next step is to sneak a bobcat on to those more remote area`s, what do ya reckon? :playful:

ironrock said:
Aussie Farmer, i guess people like Jgold, MinelabGold, SC75, have been hitting untouched diggings, that would explain all the lumps their found, when everyone else is finding flysh*t nuggets. My question is, those area`s have been just about all found, and all the easy gold also from these patches, so what do we do next if we want to continue in this hobby, i think the next step is to sneak a bobcat on to those more remote area`s, what do ya reckon? :playful:
Next step will be drive a hour or more further and hit the commons until access through research onto private land leads me onto another forgotten digging.

ironrock said:

They have invented a new tool called a shovel, many gold fields have opened up since its invention. You are on the right track, you just don't need to go to those remote areas and you need to stay legal.

Another day same hole managed to find the signal that was faint last time I was there.

1554882737_optimized-20190410_173952.jpg

I'm almost certain there are no more in the hole now.
cheers db :D

Nice work everyone, looks like plenty of gold has been flowing into your coils fields :perfect: :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

ironrock said:
Gday ironrock. I have to say mate that i haven't detected that much on virgin ground and 95% of gold that i have found was in a sluiced out area a surfaced area or close in the vicinity of those places, i even found a 5 ouncer within 20 metres of a deep shaft/deep lead.
It is getting harder to find the ounce plus size nuggets and just about all the easy gold is found but where they found the easy stuff im still going over and still finding. It's still there you just got to have the right equipment, go super slow and listen to the faintest of signals, that's just coming from my experience.

SC75, fair enough mate, but would you agree that the area`s your hitting have`nt seen a great deal of coils?, my problem is every time i come down to vic i hit the easiest spot`s you can imagine, and these spots have been that hammered that if there was any gold left it`s probably been pushed a metre more down in depth from all the foot traffic that`s passed over the ground LOL, yeah; equipment will play a small part, in regards to depth on the bigger one`s, (if i can find coke can opener, that little piece of aluminium that opens a can at 20-24 inches in wedderburn which i did a while back with a 24in DD on my SD2200d, then how deep could i find a 10+oz nugget at?
One person that i wont mention; told me, he and a mate of his done some testing on a large slug of gold and the SD creamed the 7000 in depth on this gold, but he did say that the 7 will pick up anything smaller than an ounce at better depth than the SD, which we should expect being new tech.
Of all the vids i`ve seen of Jgold, every big lump he has dug would of screamed on my SD, but he is hitting thick bush, which is something i will have to do next time, maybe then i`ll have a chance, but i will have either a 4500 or a 7000 by then as well, so those yellow bricks will not get a chance to hide from me anymore. Grrrr :goldnugget:

ironrock said:
SC75, fair enough mate, but would you agree that the area`s your hitting have`nt seen a great deal of coils?, my problem is every time i come down to vic i hit the easiest spot`s you can imagine, and these spots have been that hammered that if there was any gold left it`s probably been pushed a metre more down in depth from all the foot traffic that`s passed over the ground LOL, yeah; equipment will play a small part, in regards to depth on the bigger one`s, (if i can find coke can opener, that little piece of aluminium that opens a can at 20-24 inches in wedderburn which i did a while back with a 24in DD on my SD2200d, then how deep could i find a 10+oz nugget at?
One person that i wont mention; told me, he and a mate of his done some testing on a large slug of gold and the SD creamed the 7000 in depth on this gold, but he did say that the 7 will pick up anything smaller than an ounce at better depth than the SD, which we should expect being new tech.
Of all the vids i`ve seen of Jgold, every big lump he has dug would of screamed on my SD, but he is hitting thick bush, which is something i will have to do next time, maybe then i`ll have a chance, but i will have either a 4500 or a 7000 by then as well, so those yellow bricks will not get a chance to hide from me anymore. Grrrr :goldnugget:

Yes some of the places i go to i don't really see to many prospectors but i do see a lot of old unfilled holes.
And you found a coke can opener at 20-24 inch in Wedderburn, that's a good sign that nobody has really been over that area but that's not always the case. It only takes a couple of inches of missing a good target.
I found this Specie at Long gully Kingower within 4 metres from the road that runs through the main gully and it one of the most flogged grounds in OZ. I seen 3 blokes that day swinging there coils in that same gully, they even brought out there caravan.
1555394284_img_0964.jpg

1555394314_img_0965.jpg

It had 18grams of gold in it, could of easily been a ounce plus size.
A prospecting mate of mine found a ripper nugget not to far away from Kingower and probably at a more flogged location, so never get put of from a hammered area.

Cheers nucopia :Y: I found that one last year but i found these on Sunday and only a few metres from the road.
1555398721_img_1288.jpg

1555398751_img_1180.jpg
1555398775_img_1218.jpg

4 of them within 5 metres from the road and the 10gram about 20 metres away. Maybe 9gram when cleaned.
Lot of rubbish though.

Latest posts