⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BillS said:
Not complaining just frustrated that it has not come.

Bill you might have to turn over a few more yet.

1500988434_a_gold.jpg

These nuggets are from our last couple of weeks on good ground.

1500988493_u_gold.jpg

The problem is that a lot of others have beaten us to most of the gold. All we're finding in most places is what they've left behind. If you're swinging an SDC then you just have to do it low and slow. Every once in a while you'll ping one a bit bigger but they are few and far between. They look good but I think there is only one in that lot that was better than 1g.

Yeah ...... bloody show off :) :Y: ....... WA?
BillS is in Vic which to my experience and awareness of others finds in Vic is a very different story for qty and size of gold compared to WA and Qld.
I'm feeling BillS's pain, no doubt like many other Victorians.
But we'll never give up.

Dig'n-it said:
BillS is in Vic which to my experience and awareness of others finds in Vic is a very different story for qty and size of gold compared to WA and Qld.
But we'll never give up.

Yes Dig'n-it, WA, but I don't think you have that many prospectors in Vic. There are so many Victorians out in the WA goldfields that there can't be too many over there :eek:

Lesgold said:
Hi Folks,

Another small find from the south coast. It was hard work bush bashing around the old mine sites. Getting a coil on the ground was challenging and frustrating at times. Concentrating on threshold noise was quite difficult as I tended to curse every time the coil caught on a branch or tuft of grass. Why is it that every piece of vegetation has arms that grab detector coils and won't let go? Anyway, it's all still good fun.

Cheers

Les

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9840/1500972582_img_0196.jpg

Feeling your frustration with the grabbing vegetation here on the South Coast. Not a lot of places to put your coil down that it doesn't get tangled. :mad: :mad:

Well done on your piece of gold. I have still yet to find my first piece but still dreaming of it, K.

diggin4gold said:
BillS said:
Not complaining just frustrated that it has not come.

Get over it Bill.
Not complaining, just frustrated! They are same mate.

I've been detecting for the last twelve months and have been getting gold on most trips, but not one bit of gold is one gram or over. I'm quite happy to be getting that. :Y:

Every bit of gold is a blessing in disguise because I'm healthy enough to be able to get out there detecting for gold and digging it up. :Y:
Cheers, d4g

I guesse we will have to disagree with what you perceive and what I do. I thought overnight about even answering the post it frustrated me that you made judgement without knowing anything about me or my circumstances or what drives or motivates me.

Perhaps by raising that you would accuse me of complaining, now that would be frustrating, so I decided to raise another same, same word. Motivation.

When I started my quest for gold I finished my posts with 'gold still alludes me' as a motivation to succeed in my quest. A lot from the forum gave me heaps of encouragement and help and some Gold came. Then after and appropriate amount of time I believed I needed to step up and finished posts with a gram still alludes me.

It called goal setting and frustration at not achieving that goal. To you it's a winge, to me it's frustration at not achieving that goal. Does that somehow make me a winger rather than frustrated, I suppose by your definition it does!

As far getting out and being able to prospect goes, mate I am happy enough to just wake up in the mornings, the gold fields is a super bonus and the support from forum members in my quest for a gram both on and off the forum has been fantastic, but there I go getting frustrated, oops winging, oops goal setting again.

Hope you are not offended by my motivation to winge about the casual way you judged me because that would completely frustrate me.

Mate have a great day.

Cheers, BillS.

Hey BillS dont give up as your 1g will come it just takes pain/persistance/persperation [PPP] my work ethic. I went through your pain and after 18months I am now starting to wreak the rewards of my PPP work ethic. I am happy to say that I am averaging just overe 3grams per day that I detect, so almost making wages. I have set myself a goal of retiring from work May 2018 and detecting 3 days a week to make wages.

Keep swinging as there is lots of gold just waiting to be discovered, I keep that postitive thought in my head when I am out and every target I dig is gold until otherwise discounted.

Keep swinging

Tryhard

tryhard1968 said:
Hey BillS dont give up as your 1g will come it just takes pain/persistance/persperation [PPP] my work ethic. I went through your pain and after 18months I am now starting to wreak the rewards of my PPP work ethic. I am happy to say that I am averaging just overe 3grams per day that I detect, so almost making wages. I have set myself a goal of retiring from work May 2018 and detecting 3 days a week to make wages.

Keep swinging as there is lots of gold just waiting to be discovered, I keep that postitive thought in my head when I am out and every target I dig is gold until otherwise discounted.

Keep swinging

Tryhard

Thanks mate, not going to give up any time yet. I have set my goal to find a gram and I will get there. Thanks for the encouragement.

Bill. You are accusing me of accusing you.
Grow up, you are not a baby.

Read the rest of what I said.
I was trying to make you think positively and that way you don't have to be frustrated or whatever from motivation!!!!
:Y:

Dig'n-it said:
But we'll never give up.
Try living in nsw if you think Vic is flogged , at least the Vic gold feilds cover a large expanse and the access to maps of what you can and cant publicy prospect on is as simple as clicking your mouse .
Here in nsw , Hillend common is the only clearly defind prospecting area i know of , even dug stones atlas only shows old prospecting land or crown land you still go bald jumping through hoops to find out if its leased or public crown land .
I for one am jealous of those that live in the Victorian gold feilds .

diggin4gold said:
Bill. You are accusing me of accusing you.
Grow up, you are not a baby.

Read the rest of what I said.
I was trying to make you think positively and that way you don't have to be frustrated or whatever from motivation!!!!
:Y:

You had your say and called me a winger and now call that encouragement, I had mine and offered an explanation because I thought your comment was a bit rough. Grown ups are allowed to do that.

Conversation over.

Hmmm
Nothing wrong with having a goal, signing off each post with "yeah I found this but still haven't found a bigger piece" get's a bit old IMO.
The Sdc is a beast on SUB GRAM gold, if you want those bigger bits Bill I suggest keeping off those mullock heaps and using a machine that punches deeper.
It wont happen overnight but it will happen - maybe he's born with it maybe he's...

All this is a generalisation too, Balmain Bobs second ever nugget with the SDC was 40+grams :cool:

Good on ya bill , just keep swinging and digging and good things will follow !
And I really hope that they are bigger than 1gram for you .
Keep up the good work .

1501202732_image.jpg

Few days away at Tibooburra where the gold certainly isn't getting any bigger ( for me anyway ) SDC from the common dry blow heaps was the only real return and the 4500 / 17 x 13 at the stations chasing the elusive big one only returning one small bit.
Real gold was in catching up with a couple of PA members and members of the Southern Seekers SA

Drive safe those still there

Cheers

Well done Bacchus,

If you didn't use the SDC, it would have been slim pickings. It really is about the hunt. Hearing that slight change in the threshold and digging anything with a yellow colour is what it's all about. Every bit of gold produces a smile. It is interesting how the breadth of the grin is in direct proportion to the size of the nugget. Hope you end up with a face ache shortly.

Cheers

Les

Tried an area that I have never been to before. Found it hard to get a coil on the ground. The old workings were so overgrown.
1501228148_img_0203.jpg

As I got further into the bush, conditions got worse.
1501228235_img_0204.jpg

Even the old shafts were difficult to see. (Can you spot it) Had to tread carefully.
1501228304_img_0205.jpg

Still managed one small piece. Talk about hard work.
1501228375_img_0207.jpg

Won't be in here this spring or summer. The ticks, leaches and snakes would eat you alive. Hardly any signs of previous detector work. (I wonder why)

The things we do for a bit of fun.

Cheers

Les

Latest posts