⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visited a few locales over the weekend sussing out the research. Left Adelong, right Tumba.
1543180354_img_20181126_080302.jpg
Creeks were up so digging was limited in places, bring on summer.

Hey folks :) ultra noob question, but the little red stones in gimps pan, what are they?? I seem to pan a lot of them around creswick, albeit not that big but I'm not sure whether they're garnet, quartz or zircon?? Or am i way off? Haha cheers guys and congrats on the results, Gimp!! Happy days! Heres my little collection of random odd stones so far
1544005067_1544005022889625.jpg

Had a few good hours with a pan at Bullumwaal today. Didnt get a lot, but quality was much better than my last few trips - these are round and heavy, not thin and light. I was cleaning out an underwater crevice that just kept going and going. Think 2 foot of yabby pump and then half way to the elbows.

After the recent rain there was finally enough flow for my little 6 Gold Rat sluice (I bought it a year ago, but its been too dry) so I put a couple of pans through it after lunch, and Im impressed. Probably no faster than panning, but it made for a nice break. And the dream mat caught anything worth keeping in the first 5 rows of cells. Im looking to build a little hopper/spray box so I can use it with a little electric pump all year around.

0dyWFWz_d.jpg

Nice gold as Agman said nice and chunky.Hit that crevice again when it is dry Mediocritist,there has to be some nice gold hiding deep down in there.