CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove out of my comfort zone looking for greener pastures and hit a new spot today, have had this site on the radar for a while but it's about a 1/2 hour drive from my place, it shows that there could be a bit of potential there as I only detected for about an hour until my pinpointer battery died, gotta buy some more 9v rechargables from Nenad and keep one in the car from now on.

Anyway, got a few goldies. Also a penny, 2x one pound coins, 2x 1 Euro's, a 50, 20, and 10 euro cent and a 1 and 2 pence all in one coin spill. Plus some type of old button.

The penny gives me hope of more pre dec coins there so I'll have to give this site another go after a bit more research, not much junk there either but finds were spread out quite a bit.

1488865194_20170307_160256.jpg

1488865195_20170307_160304.jpg

1488865195_20170307_160322.jpg

1488865195_20170307_160343.jpg

Hey Smoky, was quite surprised all of those coins came out of 1 hole, would be great to get 1 pounders all day eveyday though, would add up to quite a bit over a year.

Wow :cool: :Y: International day out :cool: :Y: very interesting array of coins, cool button and PD :cool: :Y:
You've got a bit of a traffic jam building up in the top left corner there, looks like two have had a bingle :lol: :lol:

What an awesome mix of coins! I've never found a 1pound coin.
Can you give us a brief description of the area, such as it's use.

Daggy

Hey Daggy, yeah mate it's a sportsfield, cricket and soccer oval and dog walking park. I'm pretty careful removing targets so you'd never even know I had been there, mainly just do the sidelines at places like this. I think I've got 4 1 pound coins now. :)

Yeah B5, couple of mangled coins mate. :D

Interesting mix of coins Heatho, sure looks like a promising spot with some predecs. Pretty hard detecting without a pinpointer after using one for so long, I have about three rechargeable 9 volts always on call in the car for such occasions. The AT Propointer that you are getting usually lasts ages on normal alkaline batteries, even cheapo ones. :)

Heatho said:
Hey Daggy, yeah mate it's a sportsfield, cricket and soccer oval and dog walking park. I'm pretty careful removing targets so you'd never even know I had been there, mainly just do the sidelines at places like this. I think I've got 4 1 pound coins now. :)

Yeah B5, couple of mangled coins mate. :D
:8 I meant the cars in the background, looks like they need to call the tow truck :lol: :lol:
Who's the brother in Brooky I may know him :) :Y: Not Mick is it?

Was quite surprised at all those coins GP, was a decent cpoin spill, makes you wonder if it was someone passed out from too much grog, be hard to lose that many coins without alcohol being involved, lol. Looking forward to getting the new pinpointer, pretty large improvement on the minelab one I gather. I'm never getting caught without a spare battery again. :)

Ah yeah B5, I'm with ya now, needed a beer to slow me down, yeah quite a few cars there, quite a few more out of view as well, seems to be everywhere on the beaches, geez they give a good signal too. :)

I'll send you a PM about the Gf's bro.

silver said:
A other good hunt Heatho ! :Y:

Cheers Silver, looking to explore this spot some more, it's a very large area too, hopefully I can't find some concentrated finds areas like at my honey hole. Would be very nice.

Hit the same place again today bafter yesterdays encouraging results and did pretty well again after finding a few pre dec hotspots, ended up with 12 penny's, 4 half penny's, 1 florin, 1 sixpence and 1 threepence. Also scored an old copper ring, a buckle of some sort and about $35. There was a bit of junk but not a huge amount. Also got a really old Lesney car of some sort, though it's seen better days. :)

1488948800_20170308_153604.jpg

1488948801_20170308_153645.jpg

1488948801_20170308_153652.jpg

1488948801_20170308_153716.jpg

1488948801_20170308_153743.jpg

Cheers Numpty, doesn't look like anyone has ever detected this place to me, couldn't believe the amount of coins there, anyway have only just scratched the surface here, there is still heaps to do. I was buggered after doing that money squats..... As the terminator says though, "'ll be back". :D

B5MECH said:
:cool: :Y: Oooooo a possible gold ring :eek: Top run, silvers and all the goldies, that's looking like the new honey hole :cool:
And a three quarter penny, any chance that is a Lensey car
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17518&p=3
Edit you beat me to it :8

Cheers mate, nah definitely not gold, I wish it was though. Yeah I found your Lesney post, reckon you were on my wavelength today, I think I dug it out around 12:45. :D

Latest posts