Around the traps with the sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent posted my results for a while.
There hasnt been much to report on , i actually havant been out very much at all.
I did go to a park for a few hours last thursday for $6.20 and a swag of ringpulls and screw caps :mad:
Ive had a few little bursts around my shack from time to time with mostly bullet shells and lead roofing washers found
Yesterdays 1890 penny was an exception and in beautiful condition .probably the best of any of the coppers ive found
Heres a few pics from yesterday...
1437350011_image.jpg

Straight out of the ground :D
1437350478_image.jpg

1437350517_image.jpg

1437350012_image.jpg

Some previous ...
1437350852_image.jpg

1437350339_image.jpg

With dates like that, your yard is proving to be a bit of a treasure trove, lovely coin that 1890 penny. Though after previously detecting an old house site with some nice pre-decs, the assorted junk lying around the place can prove to be a real pain to deal with. :)

Thanks guys..
Ye GP ,there is PLENTY of crap around here too. A real pain in the backside... Bashes your ears a bit too :lol:
Those coins yesterday were both directly under the fence line about 3 meters apart.
I havent been down to the homestead yet, but sure hope to find some goodies around there when i do :D
Was cutting wood again today... Look what i spotted on the track...
1437389010_image.jpg

1437389089_image.jpg

Not the best photos ...
Its a fossil of some sort... Looks like it could be a shell or part there of.

wow,... that shellfish was just going to eat that fish when,...bam,...calamity struck,....and they both died halfway through the fight(stuck in that hungry embrace forever more). :eek:

Today i hooked up with Ramjet ... Rocket was supposed to come too but i think the competition scared him off :lol:
As it turned out he didnt miss much....
The day started out quite wet but soon cleared up for a beautiful hunt .... Weather wise that is:rolleyes:
We hit 2 different spots with similar results
I ended up with $13 , '45 & '51 pennys, 10 BB's and a ring( i think its brass , nice design , very fine/light)
1437731130_image.jpg

RKT would have come away with a Florin for sure,..... still,... you got more coins than me today Sandta. ;)

Latest posts