Park hunting with the Garrett At Pro.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice profile pic Scoopa(way to show off buddy)(meant in the nicest possible way)

So last night at work it was pretty quiet for a couple of hours. A couple of the young blokes suggested we go detecting. It was a bit of a laugh and a little frustrating. Worse than my 4 year old grandsons. ;) I would have found more if I was by myself. Armchair experts the 3 of them. Anywho. We went to a park close to work that I've had my mind on for a while. Good chance to suss it out. It was a new experience for me. Lots of high tones but when pin pointing the targets where mostly to big to be coins. When looking on google maps it shows one corner of the park divided into lots. So I assume some buildings had been there at some point. This was confirmed by lots of bricks and old concrete found in the soil. Not sure if the buildings were industrial or domestic. More research required. Definitely a place I will check out without the comedy team in tow.
The 2 large chunks of metal are lead as is the large disc. About 1 1/2 kilo all up. Found an old aboriginal cooking item, (otherwise known as an egg ring 8) )
Coins are 1 penny, 2 half pennies and 24 cents in moderns.

1415547179_img_2014111027992.jpg

Good work Ramjet, sounds like the site has promise! Thanks for the comment Silver. Yes abit of 'showing off' but when you dig a 'cartwheel' from a very small park that I didn't think would produce much, I think you're allowed to show off just a little.

I only had my artistic quality to show off when I joined(what little there was) Scoopa,... that would have been a top day finding that.
Ramjet, roofing nail leads are a dead giveaway on old sites,... didja get any of them,.. I see a pendant in amongst it all, might turn up some really nice old gear on that site.

Haven't been able to get out for a swing for the last few weeks. Managed a couple of hours after work last night. A new spot for me. Very little trash which I was happy about. The targets really sang out with the wet soil. Plus digging was much easier if a little messy. Haven't cleaned them to see all the dates yet but the three pence and 3 of the pennies are dates I didn't have so YAY for that. I really should have paid more attention when sandta mentioned the bloody mossies. Got eaten alive.

1418011779_trash.jpg

1418011798_coins.jpg

1418011815_silvers.jpg

Three silver in one session is good going, not the easiest thing to do on a regular basis, I am lucky to get just one. ;)

Welcome Glenno,...not bad form straight up mate,...nice clean fresh finds(after a bash or a doo somewhere no doubt).

Impressive lot of finds Ramjet, sometimes you tend to forget how much gear you actually pick up over time. Thought about doing the same thing, but am going to require a damned big sheet. :D

Goldpick said:
Impressive lot of finds Ramjet, sometimes you tend to forget how much gear you actually pick up over time. Thought about doing the same thing, but am going to require a damned big sheet. :D

Thanks Goldpick. That's only 3 months worth so a full year would take up some room. Hope you do take a pic and post it.

About 250 coins there RJ (+ or - 50 or so),...not too bad for a Mod eh(ha),...was great to get on and see your picky. Nice knick knacks too,...but,... I especialy like your little Lugar Pistol,...that is a beaut mate.

Thanks silver. I hadn't used my detector much in the first part of last year for various reasons. Started up again is September and really got the bug again. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out for a swing over the xmas period. Super keen.

Latest posts