XP Deus - First outing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I had a quick run over another previously detected spot, with the hope of picking up some leftovers. There wasn't a hell of a lot left, only a 1957 & 1910 3p, though the silver pendant was a bit of surprise. The old B.B brass lock originates from England, and was the hallmark of lockmaker Enoch Pinson from Willnehall. Not sure of the age, though may be from the early 1900's.

The large coin shaped object is a bit of a mystery, there are faint markings on it, though it is not truly round in shape. Might be a candidate for some electrolysis, along with the lock for a bit of a clean up. :)

1441865345_img_20150910_152725.jpg

1441865375_img_20150910_152813.jpg

1441865409_230525049882.jpg

1441865450_museum_locks_gazetteer_image61x.jpg

1441865471_img_20150910_153239.jpg

1441865503_img_20150910_153033.jpg

Fantastic finds, has anyone used the XP Deus to detect for gold. Would be interested to hear how it went, particularly in WA.

Goldie. :)

Ain't it amazing when you go over ground again and find something as big as a padlock that you've missed GP,.... I do it too,... must either just miss them on the stroll through , or accidentaly totally ignore a good blasting signal for some reason,... cause they can still turn up after someone has gridded an area up too. :lol:
Nice silvers too,... and am waiting to see that big coin looking thing cleaned up too now. :D

silver said:
Ain't it amazing when you go over ground again and find something as big as a padlock that you've missed GP,.... I do it too,... must either just miss them on the stroll through , or accidentally totally ignore a good blasting signal for some reason,... cause they can still turn up after someone has gridded an area up too. :lol:
Nice silvers too,... and am waiting to see that big coin looking thing cleaned up too now. :D

Tried a bit of electrolysis on the lock last night, worked pretty good though a few spots still require cleaning up, still have to do the coiny looking thing, though not confident it will reveal much more, will see how it goes.

As for missing the lock previously, I would definitely put that down to not concentrating on overlapping sweeps when gridding. Even when you do concentrate, there is always room for error, hence why you still get targets even after multiple visits. As for the smaller silvers, they can still be very easily missed when sitting on edge, or close to other crap, so really have to try to hit the same area from different orientations to hopefully reveal some more goodies. :)

1442043977_img_20150912_171842.jpg

I think we can drop away a bit..... I know I do especially if I hit a few nice ones early on. Might have to get out again tomorrow, went to the market today so bought some wife points to use for shooting. Keep posting up GP loving the thread

GP you seem to be getting better and better results with the Deus now, They are a bugger of a machine on Tiny thin sectioned Coins and they get then very Deep, Before XP only the Tesoro's were the main Finder of such things but that all changed with the Goldmaxx, It's not over yet mate and each time it's just going to get better and better for you,

If you want to find out how the REPS got it going extremely Deep why not Email XP direct and ask them what settings they used on that 17" coin test, because seriously the only thing that will go as deep is a PI machine and when you look at the Deus compared it to other machines it looks like a Toy, But people thought the Blue Ringed Octopus was little and Cute too till they felt its bite.

Good work Mate, Keep it up,

john

Thanks John, whilst looking like a rather technical contraption, the Deus really isn't that hard to use or set up. Half of the work is already done for you via the inbuilt programs, just a matter of tweaking them to suit a few local spots, and save them once satisfied with the results. I see Robert has quickly taken to his Deus in only a short period of time, and the results pretty much speak for themselves so far. ;)

The Deus does look like a bit of a toy, though a very well designed and engineered one. :D

Goldpick said:
Thanks John, whilst looking like a rather technical contraption, the Deus really isn't that hard to use or set up. Half of the work is already done for you via the inbuilt programs, just a matter of tweaking them to suit a few local spots, and save them once satisfied with the results. I see Robert has quickly taken to his Deus in only a short period of time, and the results pretty much speak for themselves so far. ;)

The Deus does look like a bit of a toy, though a very well designed and engineered one. :D

Mate it is One Awesome piece of Kit, I can't wait to see how it goes when you find your best settings, And even though it has been over here a while now I never took all it's virtues to serious but after seeing what people are doing with them here, The results are to Big to Ignore, And you and Robert are now bring them to light we should start seeing some impressive finds from you both,

Good luck and keep going,

John

Just a quick run over the perimeter of a local park, only ever found 2 pre-decimals from here previously, mainly as the centre of the park seems to be covered in fill. Got myself a lovely container of mascara, the horn and ring are junkers, and just one lonely silver for the trip - 1946 Rams head shilling. Might try somewhere a bit more exciting next time. :)

1442213094_img_20150914_152257.jpg

1442213116_img_20150914_161539.jpg

1442213136_img_20150914_161612.jpg

Well you still did well to pull that Shilling out from between all that junk and a couple of rings too, where theres junk there is treasure for sure, thanks for posting them

good luck

john

Nice looking hunt GP,... trumpet is different,... Shilling looks the goods all cleaned up nice like that too. :D

Yes, there are some pretty fancy ones out there. Last lot I had actually came with useful items like a working mini tape measure, though as always the jokes leave a lot to be desired. :p

Maybe that's why they never look so good until cleaned up AR...... :)

Where I've been finding the Silvers has been a sportsfield for about 80 years.

Latest posts