Yerranderie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFossickingKid

Angus Madden
Reaction score
Was at the local crystal shop today buying some crystals and got talking to the guy that works there. I told him that I'd been to Blue Hill and had gotten some crystals. He then said that I should go to Yerranderie as there is pyrite and a whole bunch of other minerals there. I was wondering if anyone had been there before or if they knew anything about the minerals that are there?

Thanks in advance :)

I've camped there before, very interesting place. Wouldn't know about the pyrite there but it was an area with very rich silver mines.

nice old town heatho is right about the silver mines they found silver there when digging a fence hole for a farm lovely place to camp did not see any thing other than silver workings ;)

Just had a look on google maps and it says that it will take 3 hrs to drive from Porters Retreat to Yerranderie (67 km).Is this right?

It's a fair drive on a winding dirt road, not a real difficult drive but hay was 30 years ago I camped there with the parents when I was a kid, can't remember a huge amount about it. I remember the old man got stuck into the scotch with his mates, wasn't pretty in the morning, lol.

Latest posts