YAY - the markets are back on in CQLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSellin

Brent
Reaction score
Well talk about skipityspliyipitywahoo for me. I have been counting down the days for the markets to come back on and yesterday, they were not just on, but FULL. Needless to say I woke up at the crack of dawn to go down and swing away....... to be met by the local council :(

But he was very cool, let me go to town as long as I didn't dig deep and stick to using my trusty screwdriver and maybe some small holes :) (I could of hugged him)

So started at 6am and only 5 mins in I look up to find another person standing in front of me with a Garret Ace 150 and Pro pointer asking to join in. Keenly agreed and off we went.

Well I finished at 11am (stopped for a bit for morning tea) and counted my tally up to $36 neat. My friend with the Ace 150 had $1.60 by 10 am and had me perplexed so I swept their holes only to find coins in them. I had to point out that they missed them but they weren't to phased. I also tried to correct their technique a bit as they were using a small spade and were digging but missing the mark. Showed them a screwdriver can be faster by poking it in the ground and you can feel it rub the coins and even hit it. They loved the advice and left..... I am some what confused but I hope to see them again.

And best part, I was 1/3 through the grounds and I was in such a rush I only dug out all the marks that were reading at 2" down. There were a lot of 4 and 6" also, but I will go back with my razored spade and do some nice plugs on a Sunday afternoon for the coins.

Happy Dance all round :) I just had to share :)

Hi Bsellin,

Just to clarify, so what your saying is prospecting the afternoon or next morning after the local weekend market is worth a shot?

Latest posts