Xt 17000 to sdc 2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im thinking about moving on from my xt 1700 to a sdc. If I do buy a sdc what extras for the sdc would you recommend, e.g. head phones etc. I know bugger about about detectors as I have never meet any detectorists in my area ( except lesgold and info on this forum). Its just me and my mate the pan, i call him greenie. My area was nearly all hard rock mining. There are a couple of creeks where i pan and once upon a time highbanked that produced In early times, wheat and corn curnell sized nuggets. So any advice would be good. Thanks.

if you are a bit hard of hearing you should get a amplifier of some sort the headphones that come with it are not to bad but a bit quiet for me the pro sonic works well for me which was part of the deal when I bought my sdc

Great machine the sdc 2300 apart from a pick , a scoop and two old film canisters one for gold and one for birdshot ,get yourself a spare set of 6000mah batterys and an accu power IQ 338 xl charger as the one that come with it is only just ok. A good set of knee pads is also a good idea . Cheers Booney.

BC
Get the headphone adaptor from Phasetech (here on the forum)
The headphones that come with the detector are just ok, however the connections are propriety i think so with the adaptor you can use anything.
If you want to keep the detector in good nick - get one of the covers as well.
All you need then is the pick and a scoop and set to go
Good Luck

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/sdc2300_adaptor_lead/

1559125696_adaptor.jpg

You need an adapter to use non sdc headphones. I got mine from phase technical. I use a cover on mine that has a stand that stops the machine from falling over when your digging or getting dirt over the coil to find a target and is probably something that you need if your going to get the headphone adapter because the adapter gets fixed to the cover.

Hardness might come in handy...

Unsure but you might need a hip stick ...

Extra battery's.. One set in the machine... One set in back pack and one set charging...

Goody :)

I have a pick. I bought it from a PA member, bluejeansronald. Great pick currently i use it to open up bed rock crevices. The point is still the same as when I bought it over twelve months ago. Mudgee hunter donated a quality detecting belt. Thanks again mudgee. The accessories List so far, pro sonic head phones, phase tech adaptor, stand a cover and spare batteries and charger. A detecting club goody, like you suggested earlier. i have a bush basher now so I'm up and running again.

go steelphase enhancer with twin speakers and good set of head phones u get volume control, ring phasetec in Adelaide neadad he will sort u out small gps and a good pick stay away from pro sonic pain in ass just another thing to charge and not all what it crack to be for 2300 so go hard wired ,1MORE THING GET OUT THERE ,TIME ON GROUND THATS WHAT U NEED

Latest posts