worth buying?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the energy consumption of this device? I would consider running off 300 watts solar power, most likely 12volt setup, but what are the amp/hr

Hey mate checked out the nitty gritty spec wise 12v power supply and
0.7 amps per hour depending on ambient temp
And required fridge temp so it might be worth while then again
Portable fridges are new to me never had one before

The description doesn't match the pictures...The manual picture is for a different model fridge to the one in the pic's..The description say's this has a fridge and freezer compartment but it only has one compartment...Evercool is supposed to be a good brand though...I have an 80litre Weaco and a 40litre Engel and can't fault either of them...

It seems to be a good price, but just make sure when buying off ebay, there is substanstial proof of the manufacturer, contact them, if you cannot, it is a fake, spend more money on cheap stuff i say

I'd be ringing Evakool on that one.
The model pictured is a new release and RRP is $1199
It can be run as a fridge OR a freezer.

cheers guys have gone in and checked it out it seems to be a good one
the booklet is generic for multiple models, so evakool reckons
think im gonna give it a shot, cheers for the advice guys definately pointed me in the right direction
:D

If it is the genuine thing, will be a good thing.
My 47L EvaKool kept my beer @ 2.5C during 4 days of 40C+, worth every cent.

Hey Dryhorrors,
Before you lash out on a camping fridge/freezer, just do some shopping around as there are different physical sizes to fit when transporting to your hunting grounds. I have a 50L and it is too big to fit into my campertrailer (should of done the measurements before hand).
Also, before you go out for a few days, run the unit at home on 240v for at least 24hrs. Why, the start up current of your fridge when placed straight on the battery will place a drain on your battery before a recharge. This will maximise your battery AHs'.

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts