Wm12 Connection issue

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im have problems with my wm12 for the 7000. The wireless connection is very intermittent. Often it drops out for up 5 seconds at a time.

My headphones work fine as I am now running direct plugged into the headphone jack. Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers Chuky.

Hi Chuky,

Where do you have your speaker located?

There can be quite bad intermittency if the signal is trying to get through your body - ie you swing the Z with you R) arm and the WM12 is on your L) hip.

Mine is on my R) and works fine. Drops out if I walk away several metres or put the machine down and turn away from the machine.

Maybe try disconnecting and re-connecting again? Putting the Z back to factory defaults.

Can't see why it would be a battery fault or anything - that should just make it either work or not.

Still under warranty?

I'd reckon that might be the prob then. Try and get it on your right hip or right shoulder somewhere.

Shoulder is good as it is a bit nearer to the ear and you can hear it a bit betterer ;)