Gold Kruzer wireless headphones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a second hand Kruzer and have had 2 half days out with it so far. I'm having trouble with the headphones losing their connection to the machine. Battery is fully charged but still drops out and reverts to the speaker then will pick up connection again.... very annoying. Has anyone had this issue?

Are you carrying a switched-on mobile phone that might be causing interference with the detector/headphone link?
Yes I did have my mobile on in my pocket. I will try and turn it off as a test.

Also, I was working along a rocky shoreline, would salt water make any difference to the drop out? I noticed when I ran the coil over the water it would overload the threshold with auto balance turned on.

Salt water and single-frequency VLF detectors are always problematic. At best, you'll need to reduce detector sensitivity and search depth will be limited.

I guess it's possible the detector struggles to maintain the wireless link at the same time as it's trying to cope with the salt water and certainly having an active mobile nearby would just add to the machine's confusion.

Yeah I dropped the gain down between 20-30 the other day and it was much more consistent but still dropped out every now and then. All else fails, I will buy a set of wired headphones but will turn the phone off first and see how that goes.

Thanks heaps for your help.

Latest posts