Wind shield

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would anyone know how I should go about making a shield to go around my cooker

This is a picture of the cooker and it is the same as I have in my caravan

As it can get quite windy out camping

As I don't like cooking meat in my caravan

Or fish,

Sooner cook outside

Any help would be great

1606295157_img20201125110451_copy_1200x1600.jpg

3 thin pieces of checker plate cut to size to suit the cooker, make the back wider than the sides
Some piano (continuous) hinge

cut the hinge to length and pop rivet it to the checker plate so that it all makes a "u" shape and it folds flat.
make sure the pop rivets on 1 side DON'T line up with the 1's on the other side or it won't fold flat

Thanks

I have a peace of checker plate in the shed

Unsure if I have enough, but will see what I can do with it :D

Having the same problem usually cook on the fire but when we stay in a caravan park out comes the gas cooker Was very windy Last weekend and the plastic case was only just ok . Need a better idea .
Ive got some thin stainless at work off an old round bbq might see if I can make something trouble is it needs to fold flat for travel. Interested to see what others come up with . :cool:
1606301345_f039a541-3ad2-44a4-a4fd-0086ffd4318e.jpg

If you get desperate use a cardboard box :) when it goes up in flames :fire: ya tucker's ready :Y: :beer:

With your checker plate (Aluminium I hope) just measure each side and add 20mm to the back wall 10mm either side to allow for the hinge, brass piano hinge works best. Use 1/8 rivets (3mm) but make sure you rivet from the rear IE: the protrusion of the rivet is the same side as the folding walls. If you don't have checker plate any material will do the job so long as it suits your required measurements.

Booney said:
Having the same problem usually cook on the fire but when we stay in a caravan park out comes the gas cooker Was very windy Last weekend and the plastic case was only just ok . Need a better idea .
Ive got some thin stainless at work off an old round bbq might see if I can make something trouble is it needs to fold flat for travel. Interested to see what others come up with . :cool: https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1345_f039a541-3ad2-44a4-a4fd-0086ffd4318e.jpg

Clear out the tub and chuck it in there when the going gets tough :Y:

goody2shoes said:
Don't have a rivet gun... can I use something else?

For a dozen or so rivets just buy one at the hardware store but only if you can handle the job otherwise don't waste your coin :beer:

Latest posts