Why gold & silver keep getting whacked .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is it being smashed?

1607767256_gold_price_5_year.jpg

Seems to have been going up steadily for 18 months after being flat for three and a half years....

Outback said:
Silver is the greatest buy ever now .
So underpriced .

goldierrrocks , you need to update that chart !

Chees
Jack
If you look at the date it is up to 12th December 2020 - i.e. yesterday when I posted it. :)

My point was that gold has been seeing a good rise after a flat few years - I suspect it will continue as Biden prints money.

goldierocks said:
Outback said:
So underpriced .

Chees
Jack
If you look at the date it is up to 12th December 2020 - i.e. yesterday when I posted it. :)

My point was that gold has been seeing a good rise after a flat few years - I suspect it will continue as Biden Janet Yellen prints money.

Fixed that for you. ;)
I suspect Biden will be a Reagan-type 'figurehead' president, where their appointees count for more than the nominal leader.

grubstake said:
goldierocks said:
Outback said:
So underpriced .

Chees
Jack

My point was that gold has been seeing a good rise after a flat few years - I suspect it will continue as Biden Janet Yellen prints money.

Fixed that for you. ;)
I suspect Biden will be a Reagan-type 'figurehead' president, where their appointees count for more than the nominal leader.

I suspect Biden wont go the distance . i have nothing against him but Kamala "has something in her stars"

jethro said:
I thought discussing politics was not allowed. Look out or the fickle finger of fate will see you in the sin bin. :bomb: :(
I don't think that applies to the timing of EVENTS and ACTIONS that affect the topic under discussion - I assume the rule was one against expressing political opinions (e.g. urging party political re voting). Otherwise it would follow if the unnamed premier of this unnamed state banned all gold detecting, we could not mention it? Expected actions that impact on gold price (e.g. printing money - an expected outcome of covid - or the date of confirmation of someone likely to do it - or whether it will be them or their Treasury Secretary) would surely be entirely relevant and not "political" per se. Quantitative easing is stated policy...

If it was to turn into a political discussion revolving around who is better or worse or who did what then yes we might start modding the thread but simple points of a policy or a basic discussion of an event is ok. As long as the discussion doesn't turn nasty, simple political references as to what's happening in the world are unavoidable at times.

Keeping the forum friendly is the main concern.

Politics can have both negative and positive effects on Gold price so the prospect of the US President printing money will most likely lead to gold rising in terms of USD per ounce. No breech of forum rules as far as i can tell? :Y:

Swinging & digging said:
Politics can have both negative and positive effects on Gold price so the prospect of the US President printing money will most likely lead to gold rising in terms of USD per ounce. No breech of forum rules as far as i can tell? :Y:

Yes, I would expect that