Who's from W.A

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkie

Bill & vernise
Reaction score
Thought I'd ask because I'll be going over there to live, probably somewhere about 100kms N.W of Perth, & would like to catch up with some of the local prospectors sometime.
Bill

Hmmm,,,,,,,,"100 kms NW of Perth" will put yer new home about where Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 entered the water! Seriously though, I've been prospecting in WA for over 30 years so any questions just PM me for an email address. NB - I don't do "X marks the spot" stuff. :)

Thanks SunriseBoy, have been on the site for w few weeks, as you say "a good start".
Just though there would be a few W.A. members on the forum.

Welcome Blinkie there is the lower tip of the gold belt coming in through Perth from the Nth direction. There have been rumours of finds in the Perth hills even, but nothing ever panned out economically.

There is a lot of old building/properties and you may be able to get to know some locals and detect around them. The closest Nth would be Mt Gibson area, which is about another 200K nth.

Also inland from Yalgoo a bit however that is a bit more of a drive. Have you heard of Jibberding ? That may also be worth a look and fossick.

Keep us informed of how you go. Bit more location of where you may actually be would also help :)

Hope to be up around Wongan hills area.
I lived in Geraldton for a bit & worked in a mine south of Yalgoo. Swung the 15000 around a bit there but had little time & a growing family. My daughter trod on the lower plastic stem & broke it..twice! I got the hint & sold it for a steal. :)
So i hope to get back into it with a bit more enthusiasm.
'Rusting'
Might have to shake some of that rust off while swinging. :)

Latest posts