who wants to give away a secret?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Neo, & everyone else, just this little bit of info here has helped & now I'll be able to learn a few more things.
I done a little reading about folds & now getting a good idea & understanding more about what they are, will check out a few other things later & do a few more google searches using some of the words mentioned above.
I won't be giving up anytime soon, I like learning about new things & the geology side of things is well worth learning about.
Will need to learn about how folds & structure etc effect gold deposits & where gold is found so that should keep me busy for a while.
I looked at a couple of area's last night on GeoVic 3 & adds fold & structures etc & there were a few around where I used to live but it didn't show gold diggings or deposits, but I know gold was found there so lots more research too do.

Thanks again.

I found GeoVic 2 slightly better to use but was reading about it & its not updated any more with latest updates, hasn't been for a little while so that's why I started using GV3, a little more complicated at first but being the latest version it should have all the latest info.

casper said:
AtomRat said:
Top info guys on the use of GeoVic 3. I still havnt used that version yet.

.......my example is from GeoVic Ver2 - i still prefer it to Ver3.

casper

I'm now registered for GEOVIC 3 but still go back to GEOVIC 2 mainly because in 3 I haven't found whereabouts they buried the geology layers that meta gives as: Geology / Sites / Structure (Foliation, folds and bedding) :mad: but It's gotta be there somewhere... :|

casper

Why not slap a few more up of Waanyarra to print off if you like.

snap-6_zpsd3fdc1cc.jpg

snap-5_zps82730a81.jpg

Shap-1_zpsabac3240.jpg

Shap-2_zpsc8bfc378.jpg

Shap-3_zps52830a7c.jpg

Waa_zpsmxcrmygw.jpg

Nice work Detrack, wish I could do that sort of thing, I just have to look on GeoVic 3 then flick between pages to work out where I'm looking on Google Maps or Google Earth.

Since this is a secret paper I might tell a few secrets them ;)

1 Secret
Do you know that the 1:50 000 Geomap were cartograph with the same Data as you use to create your own maps on GeoVic

Link
http://earthresources.efirst.com.au/categories.asp?cID=30

2 Secret (Come under one of the best keep Secrets 8) )

Back in the year 2000 they released a CD Data set and they were free and ever then not to many new that you could get this info as there was not to many prospectors out there that had a PC and if the didn't know one thing about Mapping Software like Ozi-Explorer and did you know that all the Data on these CD sets were in a format that Ozi could read and that data is what you all are using today to cartograph your own maps,,,,,These Data sets were put together many years before 2000 and I for one could not get another of the info on the goldfields at that time.

This is what the CD looked like, do you have them or one of them?
VicGISDataCDFront.jpg

This was the set of 14 CD'S and were free to your door how good was that.
VicGISDataCDSide.jpg

No longer a secret 8.( 8.( 8.( what have I done :lol:

Thanks Detrack, them CD's may have been the ones I was told about a while back while talking to a bloke at the Historical society, he had them on the computer there & showed me a couple of maps, he had the whole set but said you have to get them separately now, well thats if they are still available now anyway. Might have to go back & see him.

Detrack said:
Since this is a secret paper I might tell a few secrets them ;)

1 Secret
Do you know that the 1:50 000 Geomap were cartograph with the same Data as you use to create your own maps on GeoVic

Link
http://earthresources.efirst.com.au/categories.asp?cID=30

2 Secret (Come under one of the best keep Secrets 8) )

Back in the year 2000 they released a CD Data set and they were free and ever then not to many new that you could get this info as there was not to many prospectors out there that had a PC and if the didn't know one thing about Mapping Software like Ozi-Explorer and did you know that all the Data on these CD sets were in a format that Ozi could read and that data is what you all are using today to cartograph your own maps,,,,,These Data sets were put together many years before 2000 and I for one could not get another of the info on the goldfields at that time.

This is what the CD looked like, do you have them or one of them?
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/troopy_01/Website/VicGISDataCDFront.jpg

This was the set of 14 CD'S and were free to your door how good was that.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/troopy_01/Website/VicGISDataCDSide.jpg

No longer a secret 8.( 8.( 8.( what have I done :lol:
Hamilton? 8)

Latest posts