Whites SPP Hiccup Video

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
standard aussie mono 12inch and no gold :(
spent a lot of time in pretty deep ground trying to find an old patch in thick scrub that I know is still there somewhere lol

Roscoe,

Scrubbing isn't the best way in really bad ground. Why? Well, i mentioned in another post, the coil windings generate a very strong field and when that field intersects a hotrock, bingo, bad signal.

What happens in most cases is a signal is generated that goes positive and then negative. This is the result of the signal going through something called a high pass filter. Normally, the special blanking ckt shuts off the negative portion so it is never heard. If the trigger signal is not sufficient, then the blanking ckt doesn't turn on.

My mod should increase the trigger signal thus making the blanking work better. At least, I hope it does.

Reg

Reg, I made an interesting observation today whilst ground balancing the SPP. I noticed if you leave the coil down on the ground for a little longer whilst ground balancing the detector it doesn't make the hiccup when raising the coil. I didn't time it but a slightly longer delay on the ground before rising stopped the hiccup? Its as though the auto tune has time to catch up?

Thank's for the video, I'm learning a lot about my SPP thank's to members on here.

Gday Dazza513, Rushworth was one of the places I've actually set foot on but never detected(still a bit nave back then), even went to Whroo and the tunnel and all(it still didn't click),...just visited it all like a tourist would(ha,..sob,..ha),...now, looking in hindsight and over a vast amount of years and beers, it all just makes me wonder,...could it not be possible that you were trying all this over a slightly too deep to register properly cap of a large amount of gold that the old fellas never did find,...now I'm no expert or anything, but, stranger things have happened,...especially if your machine was working alright earlier and later on.
dazza513 said:
i've been mainly around the rushworth area and for 90% of my detecting there the spp has behaved really good (gain at 7-8 and ground balancing well near preset mark) and only the occational hiccup.

but then I find the hiccups start to really hit hard in some areas(lots of fine red stone), best described as a droning threshold from 1 hiccup to another, change battries, re ground balance, back the gain down to 5, adjust frequency.... (im a coil scraper)

then walk back 5-10 meters to where it first started playing up and the spp will run quiet as a mouse.

no emi that I know of so I can only put it down to the ground itself in some areas on that gold field.

With that said I was still able to detect in 90% of where I wanted with the spp doing really good :)

Regards Daryl

tried my dads x-terra on the same ground and was still able to ping a shotgun pellet?

Latest posts