Where is the closest place to fossick from Sydney?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicj

John
Reaction score
I am looking to start a little fossicking.
Looking for somewhere closest to sydney.
Can leave early in the morning then leave and cole
Back home in the afternoon.
The only place I have seen people talk about is Oberon which looks to be about 2 hours from me.
Would love to meet others to possibly make a day out of it and learn and enjoy the company.

Any help would be great.

John,

Looking for gems and gold
I was thinking Oberon?
I am only a beginner so somewhere which is easy to start with which I may have some success.

Would love to have a crack at the place.
Been reading up about it
Seems like
A bit or miss place.
Would be great to team
Up with a few people off the forum who know the spots there to give it a go.

practice both sieving and panning first takes a bit to get them both working right good luck ;)

Black springs is a great spot to start, saphire bend can be a little hit and miss but there is plenty of Forrest worth exploring and some good spots not far from it.
Quite a few people get out there so your likely to meet somebody from the forum there, and keep an eye out for Tex(old fella in a white hilux ute) top bloke worth having a chat to

Good old Grabben Gullen isn't too far from Sydney...straight down to Goulbourn and not too far from there. You could do a round trip back thru Oberon. Prob more chance of gold and gems in Oberon, but GG may be easier for gems for a rookie.

Latest posts