When I joined PA, I got better ;-)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PA has been a lifesaver for me. I have met some great people online and had some awesome times at PA organized fossicking camps.

Some of you know of my grandson Thomas' battles with illness and the support I received from members of the forum was fantastic. Not just moral support but people like Nugget and Wooster went out of their way to help raise money for Thomas. Also at this time I was having issues with alcohol. Once again the support for my efforts to give up have been life changing. (16 months alcohol free now :D ). Nugget also gave me the privilege of becoming a moderator which I do enjoy.

Yes there have been a few dramas but that is just life. I have seen many newbies join and slowly become confident, experienced fossickers, prospectors, and detectorists who then add their own knowledge to the forum to help others on the treasure hunting journey.

The camaraderie and mateship that is a huge part of the Aussie way of life is alive and well on Prospecting Australia. :D

Merry Xmas to all members and their families. :D

Congratulations on the 16 months Rod all power to you and wish all the best for young Thomas in the new year , not a love in here but your efforts as a moderator on this site IMO are exceptional and plenty can be learned from them. A bit of responsibility can bring out the best in some people and I am glad PA has done this for you , it truly is a great forum and you are a big part of keeping it that way.

Merry Christmas and a big hug to young Thomas from me and Mrs Bacchus. :)

Cheers.

Good onya Ramjet,
Your a top bloke and moderated.
Congratulations on being alcohol free and all the best Thomas, you and your family.
Stay the course.
Cheers Steve

Ahhh RJ,....well done on every score in every possible way mate(your a legend),....Alchemically speaking, may your silver turn to gold and all your BBs and PDBBs turn into platinum(just spend the rest) ;) :D

Good onya RJ. I'm off the turps too. I just can't drink any more- I get too fiery.
It was a pretty easy decision for me- I gave up for 12 months for a $100 bet once, and went off it for 2 years when I was on the station too.

In my opinion the taxation or criminalisation of addictive evils and the resultant price exponentiation and manufactured criminality causes much more harm to the whole of society, and especially families, than the original addiction ever would otherwise.

Well said RJ, I can say that while I sometimes feel "all alone" as a prospector...PA has def given me a sense of belonging to a group. When I started out I had no idea where I was headed, and now to a point where I am confident to offer advice on my experiences to others just starting out in the hobby. It's great to belong to such a large group of like minded prospectors and hope to meet more of you out there in the bush .....living the great outdoors!

Onya RJ hope the little guy is doing better and and i'm sure your much better from being off the grog, like most of us i spose, even though i'm only new here i can already tell what types of people are here and they are the good ones.Thanks to you and the other guys who run the site it really is great, all the best this year and happy hunting.

Latest posts