What's up yootoobs nose?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Got this email today...

"Hi steves stuff,

As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow and dont allow on YouTube. Your video Feral horses including a couple of Pinto was flagged to us for review. Upon review, weve determined that it may not be suitable for all viewers and it has been placed behind an age restriction."

This is the video in question. Has been up approaching 2 years with a MASSIVE 60 views and 1 comment.
55 of those views are probably me :)

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpYWX9RJpI[/video]

New algorithms getting set up to automate everything....
Computers dont always get it right..
Cant wait for self driving cars/ships/planes......

My guess is that I spied the unmistakable image of a rifle and bipod in the opening scene "implying" what might be about to happen. There strict policies mention something about the vision of firearms and appropriate content. Picky I know, but from the litigation capital of the world!

A-team said:
My guess is that I spied the unmistakable image of a rifle and bipod in the opening scene "implying" what might be about to happen. There strict policies mention something about the vision of firearms and appropriate content. Picky I know, but from the litigation capital of the world!
Possibly, but there's a rifle visible in half my yootoobs with out any problem plus there are dedicated firearms channels without problems or age restrictions. Reading thier rules I cant see how it violates it.

Also we don't shoot the paint horses.

Occasional_panner said:
No point having a sook about it here, no one here is a youtube exec as far as I know.

Ask them directly.

I wasn't having a sook, just after ideas why it could be age restricted as I have asked them directly but am yet to hear back from them.

Still haven't heard back from them but it looks like they've lifted the restriction. :Y:

Thanks OP...I took the helpful advice you offered today and asked them directly yesterday. Mind you I would have thought a youtube exec would have had the courtesy to join the forum and answer me here to save me sooking :D

grubstake said:
Perhaps it's a PC thing and you've offended someone's delicate sensibilities by describing dear little horsies as "feral". Maybe try using "mustangs" or "brumbies" and see how you get on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_horse
Worlds full of those people, they choose to watch videos they are offended by and as soon as they become offended make a complaint. I just watched the Video. Maybe people thought it was irresponsible driving while filming incase you ran into that group of pedestrians you narrowly missed. What pedestrians you say? See my point exactly :playful:

What a @$%#-up PC world we live in. Never mind the vegetation they destroy and trample, fences they wreck etc. Maybe they just had to remove it until the watermelon who complained about it had regained their composure and resumed their search for something else to offend them? :/

madtuna said:
Occasional_panner said:
No point having a sook about it here, no one here is a youtube exec as far as I know.

Ask them directly.

I wasn't having a sook, just after ideas why it could be age restricted as I have asked them directly but am yet to hear back from them.

Patience, you are one drop in the ocean, don't be expected to get the attention that a tsunami would.

Occasional_panner said:
madtuna said:
Occasional_panner said:

Ask them directly.

Patience, you are one drop in the ocean, don't be expected to get the attention that a tsunami would.

:( and they "Yoitoob" wallow in the joyus world of IT and brag how special they are. I doubt you'd be patient if it was your material and I'd expect you'd be right up'em. There's bugger all reason to be patient when the monopoly has f%d up, please explain where I've misunderstood.

Youtube/facebook/ Twitter etc are all the same re-guarding keeping the peice with a noisy minority.
But the title is very important to get related hits and veiws.
It must be very descriptive!
Irrelevant titles will not get linked or suggested.
Ophir NSW GOLD , Compared to " look what I found at Ophir! ....?
The last word (Ophir) 5% search engine word , could be linked to Ophir Rd new York!
But veiws and likes usually refect the quality of substance of the material uploaded to relevance...

Latest posts