whats going on here ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this GPX has just been listed with only a 24 hour auction

i think i have seen the same one listed before

i clicked "ask a question" to ask for serial number etc , and i get a box popping up on ebay i have never seen before asking for my name , phone number and email address

wtf ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-...81275529088?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item417d53f780

zoom in to the photo and you can see the shaft is not a minelab one

i call fake

:) mate for $5.00 you wouldn't expect the real deal - good find

I didn't asked any questions and same window popped.
1393586458_image.jpg

This is the reply he sent:

First I want to thank you for the question.
the item is in perfect condition , no damage.
i am ready to sell it for 2900 AU DOLLARS ,
currently I'm located in United Kingdom , because I just finished the divorce with my wife and i have moved here to my parents home
if you are interested to buy it , i will deliver and i will pay for the fees.
please see pictures attached.
let me know
also the transaction will be done through eBay , so we can both protected.
email me if you want to buy it.
thank you

He also sent pics with the serial number and all the extra gear that comes with it :eek:

Please take further note that this detector is not photographed with any accessories such as chargers, earphones etc , My guess would be that it may be stolen. Often detector are stolen out of cars but they don't get the accessories. When does one own a detector without accessories? If it sounds to good to be true it often is.

same old scam, there's no detector. they do it with cars, caravans and other expensive stuff.
it happens more on gumtree than e-bay these days as they keep getting reported on e-bay.
give it a miss I'd suggest.
regards tm

Latest posts