Audio feedback recall for the 6000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing to remember when dropping off a warranty item to a dealer is "attitude" can do you a lot of good when talking to the staff. Going off and abusing the guy behind the counter for a problem they had nothing to do with won't get you the best outcome at the end of the day.

Arvo all.

Took my GPX 6000 into Miner's Den in Bendigo on Saturday. Nathan advised that he could get the 'audio update' done on Monday and post the control module back. It arrived today.

Took it out to give it a run where I have been many times. It was easy to access and perfect testing conditions with spitting rain and 50 km/h winds :rolleyes:

Anyway, 10 minutes of swinging around on wet red clay, running in both 10 manual and Auto plus tells me that things are improved running with the speaker. Even turning the coil on its edge did not bring the usual wavery threshold. Did not have the headphones with me so can't comment what it was like with them.

Most importantly, I found a tiny bit of gold about 1.5 inches deep in a flogged little area of ground. This is not important for the gold value, it is important as it shows the update hasn't provided any loss of sensitivity.

I has been a long time coming and has been a much worse issue for others but thankfully Minelab have provided what appears to be a good fix.

And thanks to Nathan at Miner's Den in Bendigo - friendly bloke, great service. Can't ask for more than that.

1665650523062.png

Latest posts