What were your best 2014 fossicking moments?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found my first little picker with Diggerdude at Ararat using his Dryblower......since them I am a dryblowing convert and love em' !

Oallen Ford Meetup.
Meeting a few people that has forged a life long friendship.
Joining Prospecting Australia.
Finding Gold to a level that keeps me going.

Detecting my first few nuggets out with Shauno and his Dad, was pretty stoked. Seeing Reeko ping a small nugget with my SDC after about an hours use was great too. Many other memorable moments out with other members here also, learnt a lot as well.

Finding my first gold in my pan, it happened to be a nice little picker. A moment i'll never forget!

This year was a good year for fossicking and gave me quite a few "moments" :lol: I would have to say the highlights were finding the 8.1 Ouncer followed with the 3.7 Ounce nugget a few weeks later with lots of smaller stuff before and after.

Pretty hard to nail this one down. Trommel almost done. Interstate gold. Eldorado meet. New contacts from PA, 4 guys come to mind but I won't play favorites. Breaking the multi ounce mark in a year. It's been a bloody awesome ride.

Was floating down a rapidly flooding creek with sluice, bucket n shovel and still finding gold in my cons...and not drowning..lol.

Probably my highlight for last year happened last week when I scaled all of last years SUB grammers to find they have past the 1 Oz mark .. I am off tomorrow to (GT) to commence the new year quest to better last years efforts and beat my single biggest find.

Good Luck to all in the New Year.

Cheers Peter.

Heatho said:
Detecting my first few nuggets out with Shauno and his Dad, was pretty stoked. Seeing Reeko ping a small nugget with my SDC after about an hours use was great too. Many other memorable moments out with other members here also, learnt a lot as well.

Hard to top that one for the year Heatho! Truly a great moment to witness someone finding their first gold nugget.

I guess it would easily have to be one of my best moments for the year too. What a great trip for all of us involved :D

Cheers,
Shauno.

It was the day I went out Fossicking for the very first time and in the new 4x4.
I loved it and its a day that will always stand out for me :)

I'm still twitching to find my first tiny little glimmer of Gold...........I already have my 'gold finding' dance planned out!

We took a couple of weeks off work to attend the Detecting WA Gold muster at Niagara north of Kalgoorlie hoping to learn where to look and what to look for. I had the Garrett ATX and Sandra the White's Goldmaster. Everybody over here swears by Minelab and most do a pretty good job of knocking the ATX while Sandra was told the White's couldn't find gold in the WA goldfields.
As it worked out we found our first gold with both detectors and found more gold than most others. We also pulled up that beautiful 35g nugget from 400mm down in heavily mineralised soil. I'm not knocking Minelab but our detectors proved their worth more than most.
It'll take a lot of beating but we're hoping for a better year in 2015. :p

I think my most exciting 2014 event was at Oallen NSW, where instead of the fine gold that exists there I managed to find a crevice in the river that contained a few little pickers, this is quite rare for Oallen. The same crevice produced a lot of lead eg air rifle pellets, shotty pellets and smashed .22 calibre.
1420319889_oallen_course_gold.jpg

Latest posts