What is wrong with some people

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today we went shopping at our local Aldi store ..out the front of the store was a booth for the RSL art Union and a young bloke selling subscriptions..
On my way into the store he politely asked a 30 something man in front of me , if he was interested buying a subscription..

This guys answer I dont support warmonger :eek: flabbergasted this young guy says its a charity for former defence personal ..
The guy answered back yeah I dont support the defence force either :mad:

Seriously ..why not just say politely no thanks and walk on..

nucopia said:
Today we went shopping at our local Aldi store ..out the front of the store was a booth for the RSL art Union and a young bloke selling subscriptions..
On my way into the store he politely asked a 30 something man in front of me , if he was interested buying a subscription..

This guys answer I dont support warmonger :eek: flabbergasted this young guy says its a charity for former defence personal ..

The Media pushing extreme left wing beliefs upon people has turned them into complete idiots. :poop:

nucopia said:

Well he couldn't do that because people like him have to invent a reason to be angry when the truth is they are angry at them selves for their own failings,

The correct term is called projecting where people project their problems on to someone else so they can pretend there is nothing wrong with them, Sad but True, :Y:

Fair enough in my opinion. Each to their own, perhaps his delivery could have been better.

When most only recieve 15 cents at most in the dollar, I wouldn't donate either.

I also don't understand why former defense personel need a fund raiser?

Upside said:
Fair enough in my opinion. Each to their own, perhaps his delivery could have been better.

When most only recieve 15 cents at most in the dollar, I wouldn't donate either.

Have to agree, these days rarely contribute to ANY of these sellers for "charity" especially those that promote animal welfare by showing displays of cute injured wildlife.

Often donate direct to some causes, especially RSL/ANZAC/Childrens Hosp. etc type appeals. Or the "Big Issues" sellers.

Then again I also just say "no thanks" to those shopping centre sellers ..... NO reason to get agro with them.

Teemore said:
Upside said:

Have to agree, these days rarely contribute to ANY of these sellers for "charity" especially those that promote animal welfare by showing displays of cute injured wildlife.

Often donate direct to some causes, especially RSL/ANZAC/Childrens Hosp. etc type appeals. Or the "Big Issues" sellers.

Then again I also just say "no thanks" to those shopping centre sellers ..... NO reason to get agro with them.

I kind of lean towards donating my time and skills. Benefits everyone in that type of arrangement, and no unnecessary skimming going on.

Upside said:

G'day

The reason why ex defense personnel need organisations like this is simple, the government does not properly support ex servicemen/women, this is the very reason there is now a royal commission into veteran suicides, one of the biggest issues we faced when leaving the service after many years of indoctrination and brain washing was one day your a soldier and the next day your a civilian, I have been out of the army for 43 years after 8 years service but even now I am very much in my ways still a soldier, they don't de- program you just let you struggle through the rest of your life and deny you compensation for injuries and trauma that service life causes you even without being in combat, you are changed from the person you were when you joined and made into something else, and are not helped to transition you back into civilian life you just have to find your own way sink or swim

Unless you have been in service you cant possibly understand what war and service veterans are faced with, so support groups are where ex serviceman can speak and socialize with basically their own kind are important for some to help them cope with life out of service.

cheers

stayyerAU

Sadly, charities in the Western world have become big businesses and that's a fact.
Walk into a mall, and hit by the koala foundation, wwf,starving kids so.ewhere,Olympic fund-raisers,it's endless.
The TV adds have sad music and a tear jerking commentary, and all it does is make people harder, because we are exposed so much to the tales of woe, we become immune to it.
Anyway, just say no thanks and keep walking.

StayyerAU said:
Upside said:

G'day

The reason why ex defense personnel need organisations like this is simple, the government does not properly support ex servicemen/women, this is the very reason there is now a royal commission into veteran suicides, one of the biggest issues we faced when leaving the service after many years of indoctrination and brain washing was one day your a soldier and the next day your a civilian, I have been out of the army for 43 years after 8 years service but even now I am very much in my ways still a soldier, they don't de- program you just let you struggle through the rest of your life and deny you compensation for injuries and trauma that service life causes you even without being in combat, you are changed from the person you were when you joined and made into something else, and are not helped to transition you back into civilian life you just have to find your own way sink or swim

Unless you have been in service you cant possibly understand what war and service veterans are faced with, so support groups are where ex serviceman can speak and socialize with basically their own kind are important for some to help them cope with life out of service.

cheers

stayyerAU

I do actually understand, I'm in the building industry which has the highest number of suicides out of any industry. I was on a 20 storey site in Adelaide about 3 or so years ago and watched paramedics try and save a guy who jumped off the building. I've never seen so much blood in my life. Horrible to see and I can still see him laying on the road.

Perhaps you've heard of RU OK day? It was started by a couple guys in the building industry for construction employees. since it's inception gained momentum into other industries which is great to see. Perhaps the military should contact them and do a collaboration?

StayyerAU said:

cheers

stayyerAU

Lived through this with my dad. Took me until I was in my 40s to understand.

Thank you for your service.

Latest posts