What have i found?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!
I found this rock on a trip on the weekend and no idea what it is.
Any ideas what it could be please?
1444685781_rock.jpg

Is that transluscent / clear?

From the one photo..hard to tell but looks like quartz or possibly smokey quartz. If it is.. you should be able to find some crystals not far...wherever that came from which looks like a decomposing granite ;)

An empty glass ....... :eek: ...... you need to do something about that.

It does look like an extremely dark smokey Quartz but I think it is a petrified bunny. ;)

1444688137_image.jpg

Hahaha I didn't realise wally..same house..*click*

I'd highly reccomend searching the gullies higher by chasing the quartz upstream. You should start finding cystal points if your lucky.

At the same time..I'm nearly doubting my granite text above thinking it could also be quartz blow but I think I see a mica sparkle so ill still say granite.. you'd probably know the answer to that.

Sometimes quartz can seem like smokey as well if it has a dark rock behind it..but to me..that's real smokey.

If its smokey in granite you have chances of finding large crystals, pegmatites, amethyst and others depending on the compositions there

Now that dose resemble a bit of Azurite - Malachite but I may be wrong? Its hard to tell from a photo. J.

Lol dont you worry I re filled that up quick smart lol

Quartz hey, bugger! there goes my dreams of finding riches in gems haha
Its super nice and I think there was a bit more of it. I got frustrated so just grabbed the whole rock LOL

Spud - send me a pm if you like..I could attempt to find the source as i sent a pm to wally..wrong person

Its a good sign..and I still swear its smokey. Dont give up a... :) I know what I'm seeing there