What do I do

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
call it "Metal Parts" if sending by Auspost express and you can insure it then no worries, and pay the bit extra for a signature, it's a bit difficult right now as the Auspost person just does the signature and leaves the parcel at the door.

And rule#1, get the money first before posting, unless sending to a refinery like PW Beck in SA or the Perth Mint

PW Beck is great, they send a collection van, Australian Air Express, and the parcel is insured from the time it is picked up at your front door, weighed and verified when it arrives at PW Beck and it has always been spot on with our weight, and the rest is what price you have agreed on etc etc.

G'day

There are also rogue ebay buyers as well, I got caught out once by a turd who declared that the item never showed up, then later was contacted by another seller who said the same person had done the very same thing to them, Ebay just take your money back and give it to the buyer regardless of what you say, the buyer has all the rights not the seller, then after some heated discussion and threats they refunded me the money, so they must have known that this person was a serial rat.

For the sake of $2.95 you can get a signature on delivery, so that the buyer cant deny receiving and signing for it, I never send anything without this and so far to date have had no issues with buyers, also never mark your package as gold or nuggets, just metal parts or something similar, a delivery person or sorter might find that a bit tempting and pocket it.

And another thing if you insure a parcel according to Aust Post the item is only insured while it is in Australia, I sent a parcel over seas with tracking and insurance, it left Australia within a couple of days, some weeks later the buyer was having a fit as he had not received it, so assumed as lost and that's when I contacted Aust post and was told that there was no insurance on it once it leaves Australia so it was my problem not there's, it did eventually turn up so all ended well, but they didn't hesitate to take my money even knowing that the item was going overseas.

cheers

stayyerAU

I signed off the sender as Silver a few times when I sent stuff through the mail, only to find it disappear twice. So I can't do that any more lol.

silver said:
I signed off the sender as Silver a few times when I sent stuff through the mail, only to find it disappear twice. So I can't do that any more lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

YES signed " Silver "

I know, Kato got one of your packages a few years ago, still in pride of place of her collections, she appreciates and values the thoughtfulness of others giving.

Very busy at this time, exams, assignments, already preping for year 12, IT traineeship, boyfriend etc.
And about to get back into Attorney Generals Dept through the holidays.
Working hard.

;)

A quick upate on my lost/stolen package by Austpost.

I have just advised then that the contents was a 3 5 gram gold nugget and they rang straight back and have agreed to pay the $100 plus postage comenpensation.

So a gold nugget it not considered bullion

Also, you never have to disclose what the contents of a package is until the insurance claim is required. You just have to certify that the package is not a dangerous good

the next thing will be , How long will it take for the money to turn up in my account?

Latest posts