Werribee. Zoo ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys ,
Thinking of heading to the big smoke this weekend to take daughter to the werribee zoo , just wondering has anyone been and is it worth the 4 hours or more drive to get there ? Or is Melbourne zoo better to go to if I go I want to see the best one, Any help would be good thanks guys , I ain't one to go to the city much don't really know my way around down there

Melb Zoo is good - been a few times.

I've never been to the Werribee one but been told it's great & do want to check it out with the family one day.

Werribee Zoo is pretty good, been there many times with the family.

There is a fair bit of walking involved, but there is also a bus tour that takes you through the "open plains" amongst animals like giraffes, zebras, hippos, rhinos, wild dogs - just to name a few.

As for the walking parts, you can get pretty close to (on the other side of the glass) lions, monkeys, meerkats etc.

Very kid friendly, not as crowded as the Melbourne zoo, very easy to get to, lots of parking.

If you haven't looked already, check out the web site for more info : http://www.zoo.org.au/werribee

Au

I was born down werribee and went there quite a few times but it was not a zoo at that stage. It was just a historical building and a good place for picnics. The was an old blacksmiths place out back and some outdoor squash courts...I have seen the zoo on tv and looks good but melb zoo might be better for the kids to see more variety of animals..

But still do go and see werribee zoo at some stage :)

Have fun with the little girl either way :D

I found the Werribee Zoo a very pleasant place for the kids and just as AU has stated.
We had 8 days down in Victoria and enjoyed it all immensely.
Go and explore.
Cheers
Brad...

If you go give us a report mate, I love the Melbourne Zoo, $50 for the whole family is a great bargain. As long as you take your food. Wowzers they like to mark up the takeaway.

Werribee ZOO is fantastic and very good value for money. You get to ride in a special bus trough the place and see animals very close. They only have african animals though. If you interested in anything else you are better of to go to Melbourne ZOO.

Ended up going to melbourne zoo , was great , haven't been in a long time , thanks everyone for the help , now I want to go to werribee zoo next time

Latest posts