Water pumps, do's and donts.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no its not, $250 US and todays dollar was up at 94 cents, you could have 1 delivered to your door step for under $350

HMMM, would still be pushing the 900 dollar mark all up. Don't know if its worth it yet, we kind of suck at finding gold lol.

just get what you can afford mate and let gold pay for the upgrade, keep in mind you need to allow for hose, fittings etc as well

you could always just use a 2.5hp pump and use the same idea as a dredge, but instead of sucking gravel through a nozzle you just put a cage on the hose. that will increase your volume heaps wouldn't it?

Goldagettin said:
you could always just use a 2.5hp pump and use the same idea as a dredge, but instead of sucking gravel through a nozzle you just put a cage on the hose. that will increase your volume heaps wouldn't it?

you would need to run the thing flat out, think thats a bit ass about mate :)

look at any video of that size pump running a 2" dredge feeding a 300mm sluice, they seem to have ample water flow without running flat out. If the goal is to get a high volume of water while keeping the pump/motor weight down and it WORKS I fail to see how thats "ass about" mate :|

SO, thanks for the info fellas. Currently talking to Keene regarding pumps etc. I dont think the GX50 with the P90 would be enough for my 300mm wide sluice without running it at high revs. There was mention of the GX100 with the PHP160 which sounds awesome but perhaps too much water. I want to find out if the P90 will go on the GX100. Should produce a nice number. That prospecting shop in Melbourne has the P90 for double what Keene sell it for and the price of the equivalent Honda's here in Aus are ridiculously over priced. Keene have the P90 Attached to the GX50 for 640 American dollhairs. The recommended retail is $829 just for the WX15, $660 just for the motor here. And that is over 100lpm less than the p90 equiv. Australia is @#%$#*.

I have a GX50 with the P90 and I'm sure it will run your sluice no probs at a bit over half revs unless your pumping long distance or up hill.

You should be able to get a gx160 and p180 for around $1200 thays 3 times the punp. Crazy how some of these dollars are calculated.

A gx160 and p180 is around 3 times the weight,it really depends on how far you have to carry it. I couldn't carry one more than a couple of miles :|

Hare_Twigga said:
A gx160 and p180 is around 3 times the weight,it really depends on how far you have to carry it. I couldn't carry one more than a couple of miles :|

yeh i generally use a wheel barrow if i have to travel very far :)

I ordered my wx 15 from local shop 780 bucks not bad asking can get good discount suggested retail 819 bucks don't just pay sticker price haggle extra 39 bucks in my pocket :)

I currently run a 5.5hp 'chonda' for my high banker and it only runs at idle and has never missed a beat starts first or second pull everytime.. but is reasonably heavy cause of its size. I want to get a smaller pump so i can backpack a touch further than where people can drive was thinking of the wx15 as I will need to run higher revs so thought I might get a honda bit confused now after reading about the other honda motors with keene pumps bolted on.. dont know if I should go with wx15 or not?

Tough decision there josh086. I'm not familiar with many other pumps but in terms of weight the WX15 is definitely worth considering. I run mine at around 1/2 throttle which seems to be the sweet spot for my Walbanker.

josh086 said:
I currently run a 5.5hp 'chonda' for my high banker and it only runs at idle and has never missed a beat starts first or second pull everytime.. but is reasonably heavy cause of its size. I want to get a smaller pump so i can backpack a touch further than where people can drive was thinking of the wx15 as I will need to run higher revs so thought I might get a honda bit confused now after reading about the other honda motors with keene pumps bolted on.. dont know if I should go with wx15 or not?

if youre looking at pump flow rate versus weight the WX15 kicks asssss but how wide is your highbanker ?

WX15 will work on a HB under 300 mm wide as long as its not gold hog matting , they require about double the flow rate

Latest posts