Wanted to buy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next1m8 said:
Does anyone have a gold nugget I can buy to test a gpx5000 I'm really hesitant to buy this gpx because it's so cheap, but it's off a mate I trust.. How do I check to see if it's a Chinese rip off because I'm sure he doesn't even know

how cheap is cheap $$$

Looking at the hand grip the machine is a fake, and you don't need a gold nugget to test it, a small sinker about 6mm dia will do

Geeze next1m8,

This guy is trying to sell a $5000 machine and all he sends you are some dodgy pics of a machine looking all scruffy....not the way i would try and sell something and leaves you to think if he is that care free with appearances how did he treat the detector when in use???

There is a Minelab dealership in Bendigo.
Pick up the machine a drive straight there and ask for their opinion.
Will take them 2 minutes at most.

1432695162_capture.jpg

If he's reading these posts' he could swap hand grips and you will still end up with the dud fake
I would steer clear of this guy

I've seen the receipt I just seen the machine then it's the same as above he admited the other is a rip off he wanted 500 for it I asked about his other one pictured above it was bought in 2014 he is the second owner it was bought from coiltec Maryborough it's genuine

Ive pulled the battery apart it has a cell battery and the coil cover is removable

I tested it with lead and a piece of gold its in working order too..

I'm gonna buy it

i heard a similar story last year in ballarat where a bloke was selling gpx5000's he had a"genuine" and a fake one.... had tried to pass off the fake one then apologized that he got confused and offered the genuine one. father and son scam it was. my mate grabbed his cash off him and they had words..... TRUE STORY Stay clear of this one

Latest posts