Wanted to buy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
Wolf, you sold the 5000 before we had a chance to go out and detect together? What are you going to use now?

My apoligies about that.

Things have slowed down and decided to get back
The money i spent on it. i still have my vlf though.

You are lucky your near the goldfields. When I
Have the time I will drive up and catch up if
You like.

Would love to get a fully equiped avan and spend
Days away in the goldfields. A warm bed, tv
Shower and cooking area is all its needed. It might
Happy soon who knows.

Edit: might wait and see what Nokta or someone
Else might introduce in the next 12 months re: new
Pi searching gold detectors then might buy one
Otherwise i can hire 1 out.

Hmm who would own a legit 5000 and a fake. Sounds suss as to me. Also who sells a 5000 that cheap? I hope for your sake its legit

He had it advertised for 4000 but he owes me 2000 and I chucked him an extra 500 for the coils

I've covered it a few times man. It's genuine

He's owned the other for a few years and bought the legit one about 9months ago I told him I wanted first dibs on both when he was leaving and he honoured it, he called me a couple days ago to let me know he was leaving I forgot he owned two and had to work out which one was which but eventually worked out for myself and bought only the one minus 2000 that he owed me for me doing renovations to his property

He's a pretty funny fella what can I say some mothers do have em'

Ahh the plot thickens lol. That makes a bit more sense now. No one in their right mind sells a legit 5000 for 2500 haha. Even the $4000 or $4500 or wateva it cost you is still pretty good going with the coils mate. Hopefully you can find plenty of yellow with it.

Wolfau said:
SCROUNGER said:
Wolf, you sold the 5000 before we had a chance to go out and detect together? What are you going to use now?

My apoligies about that.

Things have slowed down and decided to get back
The money i spent on it. i still have my vlf though.

You are lucky your near the goldfields. When I
Have the time I will drive up and catch up if
You like.

Would love to get a fully equiped avan and spend
Days away in the goldfields. A warm bed, tv
Shower and cooking area is all its needed. It might
Happy soon who knows.

Edit: might wait and see what Nokta or someone
Else might introduce in the next 12 months re: new
Pi searching gold detectors then might buy one
Otherwise i can hire 1 out.

Ok mate, no need to apologise. You helped me a lot when i was starting out that's all and i would have liked catching up. One day maybe hey?

I've been on geovic so while I can't get out I'll plan trips and get supply's, I'll get a few skewers and flags so I can start by gridding areas and start medithodcialy searching Square by square as slow as I can, I'll check shallow leads, shallow workings, abandoned mines and anywhere that gold has been found close to the surface, it should pay for itself hopefully within a year or so depends how much time I get to go out and how well I do my research, it's all good and well ha I g a great detector but it's the operator and time spent researching and field practice that will determine how well I do

Can only hope mate. I was talking to a friend the other day who knows a few blokes that started detecting 25 years ago. Another friend in the group got into detecting upon the release of the SD machine. The boys took him out to show him the ropes at mt doran. His first piece was a 4 1/2 ounce nugget. Gone are those days. One of the blokes has pulled just on 200 ounces out of the joint since the SD came out. The joint is flogged as now and real hard going. Gone are those days. They just used to hit mullock heaps and dug out gullies as there was lots of gold around. Once things slowed down on the heaps they started patch hunting.

walshie1000 said:
Are you yet to find the yellow chewy?
Yeah nuffinks is what I got so far Walshie. But I know it's just a matter of time b4 I trip over something. Only been over the GT twice since I've had the 5k, for a few days each time. Still trying to work out where the hell go most tof the time.

Mt Doran is great ground for sluicing, just it's hard as as rock, and seriously maye the joints huge no way they could have covered it all, I love just wondering around aimlessly out there and it's close to home

Like you said. Its just a matter of time and having a bit of luck on side. I mean I've been getting a few bits in a fairly flogged area, some of the targets were not targets you would miss either. So obviously no one got their coil over that certain part of ground and for the others I think the small coil really helped. I'll take ya out there if you want to try your luck.

Chewy said:
walshie1000 said:
Are you yet to find the yellow chewy?
Yeah nuffinks is what I got so far Walshie. But I know it's just a matter of time b4 I trip over something. Only been over the GT twice since I've had the 5k, for a few days each time. Still trying to work out where the hell go most tof the time.
I'm itching for a scratch, I have my daughters b'day on the 3rd(one of them), and hoping to get over soon after that.

walshie1000 said:
Like you said. Its just a matter of time and having a bit of luck on side. I mean I've been getting a few bits in a fairly flogged area, some of the targets were not targets you would miss either. So obviously no one got their coil over that certain part of ground and for the others I think the small coil really helped. I'll take ya out there if you want to try your luck.
For shizzle Walshie, that sounds awesome cheers mate. I'll let ya know when I plan on heading over when I work out when I can get away. :)

No dramas mate. I've got the in-laws here for the next week anyways. Its not that far for you either mate. Hit me up when your free

You don't need a real nugget, the smallest piece of lead shot will give off the same signal. Anyone who says they can tell the difference between a small lead shot and gold is fibbing. But best to check serial number with minelab !

Latest posts