Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Wal, thanks mate, I was sure the ones I've been finding were bigger!

@ramjet, next time I'm up your way maybe ;)

The bread crates sound good Rod, I'm sure if it's filled with some delicious caramel dumplings, it would be scooped up immediately lol. Thanks again, it was tops :D

gavfromoz said:
The bread crates sound good Rod, I'm sure if it's filled with some delicious caramel dumplings, it would be scooped up immediately lol. Thanks again, it was tops :D

No worries Gav.
Was great to meet you.
I'll throw some crates in the car next trip.
Marg n I judged the dumplings as pretty average. We've made better :D

Love itas it was but if you say there is better, well .... bring on the next camp lol.

I actually have "collected" the crates a few weeks ago but thanks for the offer. You guys rock ;)

WalnLiz said:
G'day Adam.

I only use the standard crate and they're 2cmx2cm by 1cm deep. ;)

Cheers Wal.

As luck would have it I managed to pick one up with the 2x2cm square holes last night.

Cheers
Adam

Hi Wal,

finished my(your) Walbanker, but noticed that I probably got the wrong carpet.
Looking at your videos again, I noticed that your carpet has a solid base.

Mine is coarse, but see through.
It was the only coarse one Bunnings had.

1383044756_carpet.jpg

1383044778_carpetlight.jpg

Where can I get the other one?

G'day Cobra,

The ones i use look the same weave as in your top pic and are the "backed" version. They come in 900 x 600 floor mats. Ask them in the flooring section if they could get one in from one of their other stores.

Just picked up 4 mats from my local Bunnings ( Canberra ) yesterday....so they should be available in your area. :|

Cheers Wal.

Hey guys -

Will a 3700 gph (230LPM) Bilge pump / 120 Amp AGM battery keep up to the demand of a banker such as these? Is there a better electric option before I spend the $500 odd dollars?

Cheers

josh said:
Hey guys -

Will a 3700 gph (230LPM) Bilge pump / 120 Amp AGM battery keep up to the demand of a banker such as these? Is there a better electric option before I spend the $500 odd dollars?

Cheers
Thats about $350 more than a bilge and a battery should cost you. I got a 240v bilge 12,000lph and an Petrol inverter for $300. A 3700 gph bilge should be no more the $60-$70, batteries can cost you what ever you want to spend.

was using my hi banker beside a guy with a hi banker of wals design, he was using a pump same size as mine ( wx15 240 l/hr ) , his pump was only at best half throttle so I would say u would have plenty of capacity. . ( just don't know for how long.) hav fun

Thanks for the speedy replys!

The battery is a 120AH AGM and the price ranges from $260-$300

The pump is a rule or cheaper 3700gph bilge pump off eBay ranging from $100 to $400

I don't want to run a petrol motor, loud. I suffer from tinnitus. Great idea though!

I wounder if you can buy a silent power inverter for a 240volt sump pump, and run it off a battery.

One last thing, I read people only use the wx15 on quarter throttle, does that mean I only need a 70lpm pump?

G day Josh,

The biggest problem with using Deep Cycle batteries is the weight factor. A lot of the bilge pumps on the market work ok for a power sluice arrangement but very few have enough pressure to run anything but a small Hi-banker....and not continuously for a long time.

Running a 240v sump pump from an inverter attached to a Battery will only give you the same results as your first scenario.

A small 1kva 4 stroke generator (very quiet) with a 30m power chord and a boat "Deck Wash" pump run through its 12v output socket would be a better option.

Running a wx15 at 1/4 throttle still delivers quite high volume...by upping the throttle you increase the water pressure to break up clay and have enough pressure/ volume to run a larger banker.

Running a pump at at near full throttle will shorten the pumps lifespan considerably and give you a headache from the excessive noise....always over estimate the amount of water pressure you need and make sure the pump has some reserve up its sleeve. ;)

Cheers Wal

josh said:
Thanks for the speedy replys!

The battery is a 120AH AGM and the price ranges from $260-$300

The pump is a rule or cheaper 3700gph bilge pump off eBay ranging from $100 to $400

I don't want to run a petrol motor, loud. I suffer from tinnitus. Great idea though!

I wounder if you can buy a silent power inverter for a 240volt sump pump, and run it off a battery.

One last thing, I read people only use the wx15 on quarter throttle, does that mean I only need a 70lpm pump?
Check out my setup on this link The inverter is pretty quiet and you can run a 240v bilge straight of it as you can see. Plus the added bonuses of having a generator, another solution is get a petrol pump and lots of hose and just set it up 25m away. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2325

Hey there, thanks for the replys, so many options. Heads buzzing with ideas now, Those small generators look good. Maybe I could fit it in a bondor box to keep the noise down. I looked them up on YouTube and they still sound a bit loud,

But in saying that, I could run it 50 meters away, hopefully the long cord won't effect what ever pump I get.

Wal, the deck wash pumps look like the diaphragm ones I use in the vineyard for herbicde spraying, most opperate around 60psi. Around 2gpm

Maybe a decent size submersible pump around 4500gph would be better, but then that figure would go down once you pump up to the banker.

So many options. Yes, I will buy a Honda pump, next tax return lol

Anyone recommend a little quite genny around $300 off eBay that would run a little pump, and maybe charge my phone?

Cheers josh

366Cobra said:
Hi Wal,

finished my(your) Walbanker, but noticed that I probably got the wrong carpet.
Looking at your videos again, I noticed that your carpet has a solid base.

Mine is coarse, but see through.
It was the only coarse one Bunnings had.

Where can I get the other one?

Cobra,

I had the same problem too at my local Bunnings. Didn't have the backed variety of floor mats that Wal has mentioned, however they had stashed away in another section black rubber "v" matting which you can buy "off the roll". I've got the "v" matting to go underneath, which'll stop any gold getting through the moss and sliding along and out the bottom. I guess it would have been more ideal just to have 1 mat to do both jobs but for me this was the way I got around it.

Cheers
Adam

p.s. if I remember I'll try and get a photo up for ya of the stuff I bought.

Greglz86 said:
Dont get the $5 mats from kmart. I used them on my rockerbox and im still trying to get crap out of them :/
just burn it, blow away the dust and you will be left with the good stuff ;)
also an excuse to get a new mat LOL

Latest posts