Vico dug/Qld panned...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
Because im going back to Qld to work for a while tomorrow Ive been having trouble with the thought of no yella. So this morning I went to one of my spots and cleaned out a big clay crevice and hauled it with my mini wheely bin furniture trolley haul truck through a pretty long haul track I cut through the blackberrys to my ute. Filled a 44 gallon drum chockas to the top so that should last yonks.

I will be catching up with friends and family so I thought doing this would also be an easyer way to teach and share the gold experience with everyone at their homes in comfort.

I will be updating results from time to time from this drum as it gets processed by begginners and myself.

like jelly beans in a jar im going to put my estimate in at 1.77 grams total just cause my 17th year rocked and its a quick calibre:)

have a crack and put your etimates in???????

:) :cool:

since we are talking calibres...I will say .223 or should I say 2.23 grams :D

Cheers

Know what you mean 20x, had to scratch the yella fever itch yesterday as I havent been out for a couple of weeks so I went around and picked up a bucket of cons I had left with a friend for him and the gran kiddles to play around with. Bucket hadn't been touched since I dropped it off. Got home, had a pan and then remembered why I had dropped that bucket off to him - it was full of black sand and plenty of fine stuff from Adelong creek (he has a spiral wheel) - way too much and too fine to pan so its back around there to day to grab the spiral wheel.
Safe travels and I guess 1.92g

2.25 my guess.
I have a 20 litre bucket of medium cons from Yambulla that I am going to process this weekend.
Came from the pay layer.

You'd have to get a fair return from your 44gal drum. Bit of a Dirty Harry fan, so I'll lock in 4.4gms ( .44 magnum ) so " Feelin' lucky? Go ahead - Make my day". :cool:

I have to agree with Billy. My favorite callibre to shoot is .270. Shoots flat nd packs a fair punch but 2.7 is taken so to my second favorite in my collection.
1892 44.40 Winchester, octagonal barrel, takedown, so it's 4.44gm.

Beagleboy said:
0.89 - have fun panning. :)

you were closest mate...0.72...i lied about the drum size, its actually a 30 gal plastic :lol. i actually dug the crevice in layers so the top of the crevice clay was at the bottom of the barrel and the bottom was at the top. i did this so i can work out how deep NOT to bother digging clay crevices. any deeper than a shovel depth is a waste of time. :cool:

Latest posts