Underwater Gold Chain

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogger

Joel
Reaction score
So I took my recently purchased safari for a spin in the water today at the beach, and among the usual coins, sinkers and bits of aluminium she managed to sweep up a nice gold chain about a foot and a half under black sand and waves. Pretty happy with the performance so far.
1421059659_img_87794385464414.jpeg

nice find. I can imagine if you found that on your first hunt... how much more gold jewlery is out there. Heaps!

treasureman said:
nice find. I can imagine if you found that on your first hunt... how much more gold jewlery is out there. Heaps!
This was the 3rd beach hunt with the safari, but this time I decided to take her for a swim. Its not as busy down my way as the usual suburban beaches, but goes to show that it doesn't matter where you are, there are goods to be found :)

I'm about to travel to the beach this morning and hop in the water myself(will post pictures if I find anything).
frogger said:
silver said:
Happy for you Frogger,... good to see !
Thanks Silver! Early days yet mate, I'm looking forward to some upcoming travels. Luv beach detecting.

A great way to the account for the Safari. Was it a pretty faint target, as fine gold chains are usually pretty hard to pick up on the FBS detectors? :)

silver said:
I'm about to travel to the beach this morning and hop in the water myself(will post pictures if I find anything).
frogger said:
silver said:
Thanks Silver! Early days yet mate, I'm looking forward to some upcoming travels. Luv beach detecting.

Best of luck, looking forward to some pics :)

Goldpick said:
A great way to the account for the Safari. Was it a pretty faint target, as fine gold chains are usually pretty hard to pick up on the FBS detectors? :)

It was actually a quite identifiable tone Goldpick. I didn't know that, news to me :) the only trouble I had a few times was pinpointing in the wet. It was sending me all around the place. But, at other times it was good. Most of my targets were just too deep, and I really couldn't go that far down, in fear I would fall backwards and my control box would get wet lol. An excalibur would be sweet.

Posted here on post no. #292 Frogger
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=126103#p126103
I didn't score much but the detector worked a treat.
frogger said:
silver said:
frogger said:
silver said:

Best of luck, looking forward to some pics :)