Trespassing signs!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
Condor, it said something like berhenti atu saya tembak

Yup Berhenti was the first word in Bahasa we were taught. For others it means STOP.

They used to have road blocks occasionally, for ID checks. Every Malaysian and other foreign national residents had to have an Identity Card (including the wife) As Military my RAAF ID Card was what I had. Their Card had a photo in the middle and each thumb print either side. My wife (ex) was really pissed at being finger printed, lol.

Up on the hill was an armoured car with machine gun, you didn't stop. they opened fire. That happened near the Thai border twice while I was in country, but they were locals. We used to see them about once a month in Penang.

Still it made me realise just how lucky we are in this country, it really was a whole different life up there. I also found that as a tourist one doesn't really know a place, but 2 years of living there gave a whole different perspective. :)

I know there not no trespassing signs but you gotta love pidgin English warning sighns.
1588068244_57afe8e8-4c92-4ee0-b62e-ac466aa784a7.jpg

condor22 said:
When I served in Malaysia, the military base had No Entry Signs on the surrounding fence.

They were written in English, Bahasa Malay, Tamil, Chinese and Arabic.

Plus, just in case someone could not read, there was a "Stick Figure" drawing of a Man pointing a Rifle with lines coming from the muzzle to represent it being fired. In front of the rifle was another stick man, pictured with an arched back, one hand on the back and a representation of blood spatter.

Shot in the back, you might say, lol. But up there, if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, the second thing they did was ask questions. :)

I wish I could find a picture....... hopefully the description makes the point.

Still have similar signs now

1588145653_1.jpg

Translation ...

Warning
Restricted area
TREATY
WILL BE DONE
With the direction of YDP MPLBP

Latest posts