Top coin spots

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title suggests, where is everyone's favourite area to detect?

Being new to this game, and doing a lot of reading, I thought it'd be great to have a specific topic that may help the new members of the forum when they take their first swing at their local park or wherever...

Now I'm not talking about specific suburbs, towns or streets...but more of your generic areas. Parks, footy ovals, etc..

Also where do you focus your main energy when targeting an area? Swings, seating, kiosk?

So there you go guys...give up your generic secrets to those of us in need :)

Cheers in advance

Ben

Hi Ben, im relatively new to all this but in one word "research".
where i live i did some research and found out that in 1900 there used to be a quarantine station and in WW2 it transformed into a army hospital. By studying google maps i have got a couple of places where i will be searching this weekend. also there is a park next to me, along side a beach. i go there and check around where people play and sit, then a quick scan around the sand too. in the park I always seem to come home with 10 cents :/ except 2 nights ago i came back with 12 cents, the fossicking gods continually taunt me :/
Rod

I love to detect small rural towns that were established in the 1800's, the best part about these smaller towns is they're usually full of history and have rarely seen much development over the years, so there's still a lot of original ground to detect ;)

Research is the key word... Any old market sites. old sporting fields. locations of old pubs ect. other than that any spot that sees a lot of people on the weekends or even during the week. there is a spot in Sydney that I pulled about $20 out of in under an hour. look over an area and think how it would be used. where people may congregate. even where they park. ;) But that is enough for now. hehe ;)

Latest posts