Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done silver nice little hunt mate, the florin gods are looking down on you mate didn't even have to dig that one out, a 47 florin with no effort :D

pprogers said:
Ha! Well done.
On a hunt the other day I also scored a 1947 florin (my first florin) and a 1953 penny.

What are the odds??!

P.S. I realise there are a shed load of 47 florins out there...
Uncanny PPROGERS,... Uncanny. :eek: :D

M3talmiliti4 said:
Well done silver nice little hunt mate, the florin gods are looking down on you mate didn't even have to dig that one out, a 47 florin with no effort :D
Was a nice surprise to see it in the dirt,... it rang up high tone, but looked like a twenty cent size, and my heart jumped as I realised with the high tone it was going to be a florin,.. and so I was ever so gentle with the retrieval. ;)

I've done the area a fair bit before Heatho, just happened to extend my reach a little this time and walk over it where before hand I must have skirted it,... just,.... there are some full on bits just full of pull tabs too,... maybe in winter when it's nice and cool I might try and clear out a few square meters just to see whats in with all the ring pulls, .... everyman and his german shepherd have been through it before as well, and everyone of them have just walked away from the thick ring pull area's. ;)

I think the ringpull area might be worth giving a go really low and slow and clear out the pull tabs a bit. The place I got my silvers yesterday is really badly full of junk too, sometimes 10 junk targets per swing.

Heatho said:
I think the ringpull area might be worth giving a go really low and slow and clear out the pull tabs a bit. The place I got my silvers yesterday is really badly full of junk too, sometimes 10 junk targets per swing.
This spot has that thick matted type grass and no shade at all too,...at least the ground is as soft as it's ever gunna be at the moment,... maybe I'll get an early morning in on it to keep out of that harsh heat n sunlight,... still be sweatin like niagra though I bet.
The sunbaker was in a sprayed area that had no grass,.... was just luck of the draw I suppose, wouldn't have been visible all the years before spraying weeds started.

pprogers said:
On a hunt the other day I also scored a 1947 florin (my first florin) and a 1953 penny.
You should have a crack at posting photos pprogers,.... it gets easier after a while of doing it,.. it's the first one that is the real struggle (hair ripper). ;) :lol: :D

Sandta said:
pprogers said:
P.S. I realise there are a shed load of 47 florins out there...

Ye , that shed is in Ramjets back yard ;) :lol: :lol:
RJ be still trying to fit more shelving and pack in as much as it will hold,.... old sore ass will be looking for 1947 donation coins now for the short term though ! :lol: ;) :D

3 tons of silver later Ramjet was heard to BAAAA-HAHA HAHA loudly from a shed with little room to move, in his very own backyard. :lol:
"Cut to Hero of our nation with accompanied music." ;)

Got out to a 2 metre by 3 metre ripped bit of sand where the water had poured out over it exposing the rocks here and there for a short hunt with No.2 son. :D
Young fella said the mood ring was white for suicidal but somehow they only managed to blow two ring fingers off,.... and they shot downwards slicing a hole in their pocket loosing all their loose change :eek: .(musta been a big mother pistol) :eek: :lol: :D
1454584005_sam_5900.jpg

Junker mood ring.
1454584006_sam_5906.jpg

92.5% silver(hard as to clean) and been there for a while too.
1454584006_sam_5907.jpg

Goldpick said:
Sweet little silver ring, looks like a good candidate for electrolysis to loosen up that black crud. :)
Yeah, no amount of CLR and vigorous bicarbing with a plastic brillo pad will get rid of that crud. :eek:

silver said:

Silver I'm confused. You've done a really nice job of cleaning up this florin but all the things I read on coin collecting sites tell me not to clean our finds?

By CAB I guess you've used the cabochon polishing wheel? Does that reduce the value of your coin?

Phil

Moneybox said:
silver said:

Silver I'm confused. You've done a really nice job of cleaning up this florin but all the things I read on coin collecting sites tell me not to clean our finds?

By CAB I guess you've used the cabochon polishing wheel? Does that reduce the value of your coin?

Phil
Phil,.. by CAB, I'm meaning Citric Acid Bath,.....hang on and I'll edit in the post No. 1191 of this thread for the recipe to success for silver only (not all silvers will respond positively) :D

Goldpick said:
Mrs M sure loves her bottles, pity about the blue one cracking, as it has a very nice colour to it. I do really like the small green one, especially the shape of it.

You must have a decent old collection of bottles now after the trip around Oz, do you display all of them?

Well done on the coins too, I gather the GMT found them? :)

Yes Chris the GMT found the coins. We got rid of the X-Terra 705. It had a scrambled brain. I could place a coin or something on clear ground and it would read a different number with every swing. It was impossible to believe anything that came up on the monitor. The GMT gives a good indication of what's down there just from the iron content and the tone of the signal. It's a lot better machine.

That pretty little blue bottle caused Mrs M to shed a few tears. It looked to be in perfect condition even after it was cleaned then while it was sitting on the table it just went "click click click" and the bottom fell off. It's happened to about 50% of the last batch of small bottles we brought home on Australia day :(

I've removed a couple of rows of racking from our old parts store and reassembled them in Mrs M's show room. She's out there now and most nights cleaning bottles. There's months of work because there are perhaps more than a thousand bottles. They can't be counted because they are in bags, boxes and drums in every available space. But we're off again this weekend to an old WA mill town that got burned out early last century. Of course we have to find it first but she's done the research and that big bus can push through a lot of bush :)

Latest posts